Author Topic: Wanting LOUD exaust  (Read 8986 times)

Offline Houston Terrell

Wanting LOUD exaust
« on: March 25, 2003, 01:15:00 AM »
I Have a 1980 silverado with 350 in it right now it has flowmaster muffs and has cats.. ima pull of the cats hoping that will make it louder if thats not enough what can i do to make it LLLOOOUUUDDD :)  wanna bug the neighbors.!! >:  Thanks guys!

Offline smokin77

• Registered Users
Loud Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 09:05:00 PM »
I have headers and duals, replacing the muffs with pipe makes it A LOT louder, but here in CT not legal so I went back to mufflers. Now I have cut outs, so when I need the truck loud I take off 6 wing nuts and my truck is loud. You could try keepin the cats, and removing the muffs and replacing with pipe. That way the cats will quiet it a little. If you not worried about being too loud, go with open headers, nothin louder than that!

Offline Houston Terrell

Thanks man
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 09:12:00 AM »
gds

Offline Sierra4x4

• Registered Users
Re: Thanks man
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 08:16:00 AM »
open headers are definetly the loudest! just run straight pipes, no mufflers or cats. the neighbors will here you comming from blocks away. my buddy had;em like that on his 4 banger s10. we knew he was comming about 2-3 minutes before he got to us.

Offline RSBAD454

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 02:39:00 PM »
2 chamber flowmasters..............

“If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.”
http://prosites-prs.homestead.com/
http://

Offline 81elcamino305

• New Users
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 09:04:00 PM »
purple horny glasspacks

Offline 79SilveradoK30

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2003, 10:46:00 AM »
I'd say straight pipes. With turndowns after where the mufflers would normally be if there were any (just after the back of the cab).

Offline wakeworld6

LOUD
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2003, 05:14:00 PM »
Im not sure if you guys watch the show "Trucks" but on the project "Copperhead"  they are running a "Y" off each of the headers and running dual exhaust, with muflers and just your basic regular exhaust setup, and the other part of the "Y" is straight piped out the side off the headers. The "Y" has a butterfly-like setup you can buy from Jegs or any aftermarket shop and it runs to a switch inside the truck and he can flip from regular exhaust or over to open headers. Its quite the setup, insane! Go to www.Trucks.com to check it out

Offline RSBAD454

Re: LOUD
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2003, 10:51:00 AM »
glasspacks are old and sound gay.........get some 2 chamber flowmasters and dump the exhaust before the rearend......sounds tough.

Toys are my game

“If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.”
http://prosites-prs.homestead.com/
http://

Offline clean83

re:loud
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 01:34:00 AM »
rsbad454 you r right glass packs are gay
i have a 350 also  and this is what i did . headers in to true dual 2.5 inch  pipe with no cats and 2 chamber flowmasters that run all the way back  and then dumps  behind the rear tire wiht an angled cut chrome tip that i had bent at the muffler shop so taht you could not see the weld .  turn downs are also gay and strait out the back is played out.  my exhaust sounds really nice and loud too but it also does not have that  popping stupid sound taht you get from haveing too big of a pipe .  if you wnat something classy and loud o with something simmalar to my set up.

Offline 80HULK

i cant keep quiet
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2003, 09:55:00 AM »
i dont see the need to be loud ... espically with glass packs or strait pipe.... i run a full exaust with cats and muffs.... with it exiting in front of the rear wheels... and i cant creep up on a def man... i just say have a little more class and go with an origional setup... dont let em know ur comin until u rev it...

Offline Txstruck

Re: i cant keep quiet
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »
I have a 6.2 Diesel with headers and only about 4ft of straight pipe on each side! :eek   EXTREMELY LOUD!

Offline greatwhite

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2003, 07:19:00 PM »
ive got headman long tube header, no cats (for now they started emissions up again in ct), and flow masters 40 series.  oh ya and im running true dual and my truck is very loud!!!!  I had the truck on the road for a little bit a few months ago and i was putting harleys to shame.:lol  

Offline 78chevstepside

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2003, 06:20:00 PM »
I  have headmen headers  2.5" pipe with 40 series flowmasters with a h-pipe( this makes it quieter evens flow) no cat( you can still get through sniffer tests without cats ).  This isnt a quiet system .  I run my exhaust all the way out the rear bumper.  The h-pipe makes it alot quieter( because it balances the flow) and improves lowend torque.   running it to the rear axels will make it loud in the cab. Maybe not loud outside but loud in the cab.   Myself loud in the cab  gets old fast. Running the pipes  out the rear bumper the sound goes outside not in the truck.  

Edited by: 78chevstepside at: 12/24/03 6:22 pm

Offline stepside454

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2003, 05:32:00 PM »
I dont like TO loud either. Ive always felt if its THAT loud, it better be awful fast..& most arent.
Im runnin Sanderson shorty headers, 2.5" exhaust with Dynomax turbos , with Vettes tips through the roll pan. its alot quietr than many that are much slower.