Author Topic: Georgia Year Of Manufacture license plates now up to 1989  (Read 2262 times)

Offline roundhouse

Georgia Year Of Manufacture license plates now up to 1989
« on: August 01, 2019, 09:57:07 PM »
I know we have some  Georgia people

For several years if you have a vehicle older than 1971 you’ve been able to use a plate from the year your vehicle was manufactured,

That has now been extended up to 1989
And the plate has to be from within four years of your vehicle model

In 72 Georgia started using plates for five to seven years at a time with a sticker for each year

So depending on your model, you will have a choice of more than one generation of plate

There’s several businesses with websites that sell old license  plates alone with everyone’s favorite auction site

I got a 1965 plate registered to my falcon and  a 1976 plate registered to my 1980 K10

My Bronco is a 74, so I can run a 1970 plate or a 1971 generation or a 76 generation
   Was easy at the tag office
The clerk had no knowledge of it and had to get their supervisor , but once the supervisor showed the clerk how to do it , i was done in a few minutes

http://www.iclega.org/materials/9921-2018_Legislative_Update00000002.pdf
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:16:45 PM by roundhouse »

Offline Smokehouse

Re: Georgia Year Of Manufacture license plates now up to 1989
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 12:24:46 PM »
What's the bill of sale up to now? I would love to move to Georgia for the bill of sale alone when dealing with classic cars. 
You are not that hot to be that bitchy.

Offline roundhouse

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 10:47:38 PM »
What's the bill of sale up to now? I would love to move to Georgia for the bill of sale alone when dealing with classic cars.
85 and older don’t need a title
Just a bill of sale
   But the BoS has to be accurate.

They check the name and address and signature of the seller on the BoS against the last known owner

I need to start hunting for old cars from NC and other nearby states

Offline Smokehouse

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 12:56:43 PM »
my brother in law that lives in georgia was trying to sell a classic car to a guy in south carolina and he gave them a bill of sale and the crazy lady at the dmv in south carolina wouldn't except it. she was to lazy to look it up in the book. i had to do that here in ky when i bought a car in georgia and i had to explain it twice to the sheriff's office and to the dmv lady and they had to get the book out and said " you're right sir" and they just completed it.  i think i had the rule printed out too. they have something else up here were if you have owned the car for over 5 years and you get your neighbors to sign then you can get a title.
You are not that hot to be that bitchy.

Offline roundhouse

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 06:51:29 AM »
my brother in law that lives in georgia was trying to sell a classic car to a guy in south carolina and he gave them a bill of sale and the crazy lady at the dmv in south carolina wouldn't except it. she was to lazy to look it up in the book. i had to do that here in ky when i bought a car in georgia and i had to explain it twice to the sheriff's office and to the dmv lady and they had to get the book out and said " you're right sir" and they just completed it.  i think i had the rule printed out too. they have something else up here were if you have owned the car for over 5 years and you get your neighbors to sign then you can get a title.
Yep
Just consider the caliber of people they have working at the DMV.

It’s not hard for you to know more than they do .