Author Topic: '82 K10 with '09 Towing mirrors  (Read 53175 times)

Offline jbrow1

Re: '82 K10 with '09 Towing mirrors
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2016, 07:42:13 PM »
lol i havnt taken mine apart yet either. been sitting on it for over a year, been too busy to tinker with the small things. i was trying to mount mine in a different fashion and still use the stock mount. but this way is simpler and looks easy. maybe tonight after work (midnight) i can tinker with some things.
I just ordered a set, but it'll probably be awhile before I can mess with them too.  Hoping to freshen up a 350 this winter to replace the 250 that's in it come spring.  Also have a K20 that needs a new frame welded on from the cab back.  Got one sitting there waiting, need to get it done so my Dad can plow his long A driveway this winter!

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2016, 04:32:48 PM »
well i found my one that i got in the garage today so i decided to take it apart. its the sail style so the glass just pops off the tow style that has an upper and lower.
found this write up also.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/71-information-place/19-do-yourself-useful-articles-product-reviews/142318-how-disassemble-06-towing-mirrors.html
 mine consisted to t10 screws,

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:46:31 PM by Irish_Alley »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline jbrow1

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2016, 09:09:59 PM »
Irish_Alley, that's awesome!  Thanks a lot for the link and pics!  My mirrors aren't here yet, excited to get my hands on them :)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2016, 11:53:45 PM »
i must add. if you just simply add a pole down that you will only be able to crack your vent windows. i love my vents so im going to see if do both

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline jbrow1

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 02:12:37 PM »
i must add. if you just simply add a pole down that you will only be able to crack your vent windows. i love my vents so im going to see if do both
Interested in what you come up with.  Would certainly like to keep them usable.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 02:15:27 PM »
i was driving home and i happened to see how close they hit the stock pole. might be able to slide them out a little and this might clear the glass, or at least i hope it does.

Offline DWL92

• New Users
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2016, 01:57:41 PM »
Irish_Alley, thanks for posting the disassembly pictures.  Any chance you measured the inside diameter of the tubing for the internal framework?

Thanks

Dawson

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2016, 03:06:30 PM »
No, I still have the stock pieces at my buddy's. Starting to think it's going to look like an eye sore. Idk why if it's cause we're used to seeing smaller mirrors on our trucks or its cause the way how we want to mount them.

Offline 1993f250

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 01:59:34 PM »
 I had that same idea and yours looks exactly like what i want. Any chance you could tell me how you set yours up?

Offline Michael Pallos

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2018, 01:07:35 PM »
Hey bro those mirrors are awesome! Where did you get them from and how much did you pay for them?

Thanks,
Michael Pallos