Author Topic: Bed Questions??  (Read 2427 times)

Offline flyboy9994

Bed Questions??
« on: January 23, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »
Well, unfortunately I need a whole new bed thanks to rust!! Anyway, I have been doing A LOT of research and have discovered that unfortunately a used bed is out of the question. There's just aren't any left that I can find anyway.

O.K. So I'm pretty much resigned to the fact I'll have to buy all new parts and put one together myself... My question concerns the gas filler door. My truck is a 1977 LWB with the gas tank on the right (passenger) side and a square gas filler door. However, in my research I have come across some sites that only offer the right bedside with a round filler hole for the 1977?? Can somebody please help me solve this mystery?? Does it even matter or can I get either one as long as its on the right side??

Classic Industries sells a complete unassembled bed kit (minus tailgate) for $995 but the shipping is going to kill me.

Randy in Kentucky

1977 Cheyenne LWB

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: Bed Questions??
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »
If you want the square door, see if they have one for the 78-up bedside with dual tanks IF they offer it, which I would doubt.  73-77 has the round filler on the passenger side where the '78 up has it on the driver side.  Since this is the norm, that is the panel they reproduce.  

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 01:42:00 AM »
If you don't mind the round hole the only diference is the filler tube assembly. The round one bolts to the  outer quater sheet metal, and the one for the door bolts to the inner quater sheet metalon some I have seen. Not sure what year they started the plastic cup thingy but if it has that then it bolts to it.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline cooltoolguy

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »
just get the dual tank bed, and then eventually aquire the pieces to finish installing dual tanks.  they really are nice to have.