Author Topic: 84 C10 Longbed- Deciding which lowering kit  (Read 3984 times)

Offline ryanc

84 C10 Longbed- Deciding which lowering kit
« on: November 05, 2017, 10:48:10 AM »
Hey guys, New to the C10 world and looking to lower my truck. I have been doing a bunch of reading about different kits and trying to decide what to go with. So im looking for personal experiences, input, suggestions, info etc. After reading so much it becomes a blur!

Currently Im looking at 4/6 drops from Belltech, DJM, Western Chassis, and McGaughtys (open to any other suggestions)

If I recall correctly, there are some issues with certain drop spindles and stock rims?

Also, I have seen some kits that use a C notch, while others do not, or have it as an option. for example, Western Chassis, the kit offers 6 inches of drop, what is the reason to opt for the C notch kit with it then?

Any input would be great! thanks in advance

Offline JBlanks

Re: 84 C10 Longbed- Deciding which lowering kit
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 09:27:36 PM »
I'm a bell tech guy all the way, they make great products.  The c notch is a must for the 6 inch drop in the rear to allow the suspension to travel for a good ride.
🚒🚑

Offline ryanc

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 06:52:24 PM »
ok, thanks. do you know if the belltech kit allows for the use of the stock 15's?

Anyone else have any input?

Offline MrFiveOh

• Registered Users
  • The Local Po-Po
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 09:34:45 AM »
I'm a bell tech guy all the way, they make great products.  The c notch is a must for the 6 inch drop in the rear to allow the suspension to travel for a good ride.

Cnotch is only required for more than 6 inches of drop in the rear and you plan on carrying heavy loads. CUt off the rear bump stops. I have a 6 inch flip with bumps cut off and have more then 3 inches of clearance.
1974 C-10 AKA "Smurf"
350/700R4 Hooker Headers 134-A A/C
4/5 Drop - Ridler 650 rims 20x8.5/20x10
Kenwood single din radio 2 IB-Flat Pioneer Subwoofers Rockford Fosgate Power 1000-bdcp amp