Author Topic: need options!!!! lowered too low and tires rubbing on rear fenders badly.  (Read 4266 times)

Offline 77c10sb

hey guys im in a bit of a pinch.  I bought some weld racing wheels 15x8 in fronts and 15x10 in rear.  I dropped the fronts 5 inches with 2inch cpp drop springs and 3inch drop spindles and i have no issues with the fronts, however in the rear i recently did a djm 5inch flip kit and now my rear tires are rubbing against the rear fenders pretty bad.  the size tires i have are 295/50/15 in the rear.  unfortunatly i bought the wheels from craigslist and i have no clue on the backspacing.  I just need some input on what directions i should go in order to not make it rub.  Couple options comes to mind of getting smaller tires (275/60/15), air shocks, rolling fenders,  and somebody also suggested to convert to rear disc brakes setup where the disc brakes will narrow the track width, not sure how thats possible but i put it out there.  any suggestions welcome.  as for narrowing the rear end,  If theres a cheap alternative to bolting up a narrow rear end without much modification, im all for it.  if the rear sit at least 3/4 narrowed it will sit perfectly. 

Offline 77c10sb

Re: need options!!!! lowered too low and tires rubbing on rear fenders badly.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:50:06 AM »
i have pics but the file too large, how can i reduce the size

Offline KJD

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 12:44:26 PM »
I don't know why microsoft eliminated the ability to right click/change size but you just can't now. For windows 8 there was an addon you could still right click but that's not working now either. There was also a way to get around that by sending yourself an email and it would automatically change size.  Also eliminated.  What the heck Microsoft... seriously.

Anyhow, what you can do now is get a Photobucket.com account (it's free) and upload your pics to that.

- click the picture you want to resize and click the 'edit' button. (on the photobucket site)
- up top theirs a row of options, click the 'resize' button.
- set the picture to less than 800 width and/or 600 height. (it will automatically change one or the other but as long as both are under those numbers youre good.
- hit the 'apply' button and then click 'save' - check the 'replace original' box.
- copy 'direct link' option under the 'share this picture' list.
- come back here and push the 'insert image' button and paste in between the image brackets.

Offline 77c10sb

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 12:47:24 PM »
i have windows 10, i might have to put the files in a zip.  i used to have photbucket but i deleted it because they wont let u share pix without paying membership fee ( its bull)

Offline KJD

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 12:54:02 PM »
Hmm..  I don't pay a membership fee and I can share pictures here.

I have a ton of popup ads though when I use it.  It's a pain in the butt.

Offline 77c10sb

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 01:31:35 PM »
it has something to do with 3rd party hosting,  when i share it i can see the pix, but other people on the forums will get a third party hosting error.  its crap

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 05:55:42 PM »
Photobucket is about the worst option on the planet, stay far away from those crooks. http://www.irfanview.com/ is a free download. Control R set the size and click save. You can also use Google drive to host your images if you have a google account.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline MrFiveOh

• Registered Users
  • The Local Po-Po
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 09:50:54 AM »
hey guys im in a bit of a pinch.  I bought some weld racing wheels 15x8 in fronts and 15x10 in rear.  I dropped the fronts 5 inches with 2inch cpp drop springs and 3inch drop spindles and i have no issues with the fronts, however in the rear i recently did a djm 5inch flip kit and now my rear tires are rubbing against the rear fenders pretty bad.  the size tires i have are 295/50/15 in the rear.  unfortunatly i bought the wheels from craigslist and i have no clue on the backspacing.  I just need some input on what directions i should go in order to not make it rub.  Couple options comes to mind of getting smaller tires (275/60/15), air shocks, rolling fenders,  and somebody also suggested to convert to rear disc brakes setup where the disc brakes will narrow the track width, not sure how thats possible but i put it out there.  any suggestions welcome.  as for narrowing the rear end,  If theres a cheap alternative to bolting up a narrow rear end without much modification, im all for it.  if the rear sit at least 3/4 narrowed it will sit perfectly.

Im going to say your backspacing is the issue, your tire is only 11.6 inches wide. I know a 12.5 inch wide tire can fit in the back but its all dependent on backspace. Youre also running a pretty short tire at 26.6 inches tall. My tire is 11 inches wide but it has a 5.5 inch backspace and is on a 10 inch wide rims as well.
1974 C-10 AKA "Smurf"
350/700R4 Hooker Headers 134-A A/C
4/5 Drop - Ridler 650 rims 20x8.5/20x10
Kenwood single din radio 2 IB-Flat Pioneer Subwoofers Rockford Fosgate Power 1000-bdcp amp