Author Topic: O2sensor  (Read 1519 times)

Offline bigblockchevelleman

O2sensor
« on: August 09, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »
Anyone know where it connects  or wire color for the o2 sensor on a 87 tbi 350 back working on my project I replace exhaust manifolds with headers all with other changes when all was stared I knew more but three years ago I had a stroke and well having hard time locating where the o2 plug is THANKS for any help Steve

Online bd

• Global Moderator
Re: O2sensor
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 06:14:09 PM »
The 1987 O2 sensor uses a solitary, purple colored signal wire that drops to the driver side of the transmission bellhousing from the TBI wiring harness at the back of the engine.  The purple signal wire connects to the O2 sensor through a single-terminal Weatherpack connector.

Take care of your health.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline bigblockchevelleman

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 07:11:03 PM »
Thank you for the help that's a huge help exactly what I was needing to know just got back up to the house been looking for my manual , been a long slow journey recovering to well enough health to get back in the shop to my passion for turning wrenches Thank you so much for your help 😎

Online bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 08:47:58 PM »
You're welcome!  You can find all of the factory GM service, wiring and emission & drivability manuals in PDF format in the Technical Forum of this site.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)