Author Topic: Bolt on Fuel Injection  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Dewie

Bolt on Fuel Injection
« on: October 03, 2018, 10:56:58 PM »
Hey guys
Was a good FI system to bolt onto my small block? I know nothing about them but want something easy To set up and run lines for.

Was debating ordering the Holley EFi.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 07:22:58 AM by Irish_Alley »

Online Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
Re: Bolt on Fuel Injection
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 06:17:48 AM »
Welcome.
1974 Cheyenne 10 LWB STOCK 350 W HEI /TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 07:25:29 AM »
welcome from maryland. to start with how much do you want to spend? if might be cheaper to do a top swap from a tbi 350 from the junkyard but it should be easier to buy a EFI. cant really help you out on what brand but im certain we have a few people on here that have gotten EFIs. use the "search" button, im going to see if i can find the post myself also
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 07:45:05 AM »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Dewie

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »
Yeah I have a good carb but between the electronic choke and a few other issues I’m gonna spend the money on a FI system but don’t know what’s the best or easiest to mount. I’ll review those posts. Thanks for the help.

Offline 75gmck25

• Frequent Member
  • 1975 GMC K25 Camper Special, 350/TH350/NP203
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 07:37:42 PM »
The Holley Sniper EFI is a relatively inexpensive system, but it gets a lot of good reviews.  If I was buying an EFI system I think it would be at the top of my list.  You also have the option of controlling distributor timing, but the Holley Dual Synch distributor add another $400 to the price.

Remember that you also need to figure out how you are going to set up your high pressure fuel pump and lines.  Some folks switch to an '87 EFI tank because it has the baffles for an in-tank pump, but you still need a high pressure (not TBI) pump.  One easier option is to just make sure the tank is always full so it does not starve either in in-tank pump or an external pump.  There are also a couple companies that sell custom EFI-ready tanks, but they get expensive.

Its simpler if you only plan to use one tank, since you don't have to worry about how to handle switching.

Bruce

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 12:01:37 AM »
Put Holley Hydramat in the non EFI tank and forget about it.
I would look at Holley's systems for EFI.

Offline Smokehouse

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »
I want to change over to efi on my 78 burb because of the ethanol in the gas. i'm tired of filling up my tank with real gas it gets pretty expensive. I live in bowling green and i know a guy that works at holley so he's going to give me a little discount on the master kit. I hope to buy it maybe in the spring.
You are not that hot to be that bitchy.