Author Topic: Hesitant on take-off  (Read 4509 times)

Offline mikiesride

• Retired Newbie
Re: Hesitant on take-off
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 07:53:34 PM »
Well, i didnt actually "do" much, just removed the air cleaner and inspected everything and cleaned up all the moving parts. Put it all back together and now it runs like driving it home from the dealer..quiet, smooth, fast and responsive. I only went for a few mile test. Next nice day i'll head out on the open road to and fro.

Some folks aint big on over the counter additives, but is there anything out there that will condition, clean and draw out any moisture in the fuel system from tank to carb? The only thing i did not use this year that i did last was add the standard red Sta-bil.

I think I heard that "Denatured Alcohol" will treat the water/moisture in the gas tank.

Also like VZ mentioned above look at the accelerator lever adjustment, that being not adjusted right will give you a hesitation or stumble like deal.
I rest up Mon-Fri  from Sat-Sun
Ask a question if you want an answer.
I come from the Old School ways.
And yes I do remember the 60's, LOL

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 10:07:43 PM »
Just try to keep "real" gas in it if it's going to be parked a lot. My lawnmower starts every spring cause i put "real" gas in it.
Yeah, i use the real stuff in all my power equipment, never a problem. This website helped find some local real gas- gas stations.
https://www.pure-gas.org/
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline Smokehouse

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2019, 11:32:05 AM »
I have a few pumps in my area. One self serve close to my house has all three grades and we also have some racing gas at another place closer to the race track, but that's like 7$ a gallon.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:37:40 AM by Smokehouse »
You are not that hot to be that bitchy.