Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hi, The truck seems to be starting better, wires at coil were loose. The only reason I did not do the job myself is that I am recovering from bypass surgery. Now that I have seen the work that is coming out of this shop now and the prices, I wont go back. I was a little hesitant going in but gave them the work. They did the tune up, trans service, and an alternator. Thanks to everybody here for the help.
So is the consensus that the severe reduction in volume, i.e. 1/2"ID to 1/4"ID is not a concern?
Instrumentation / Re: Tachometer for 81 Chevy k10
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on Today at 11:44:04 AM »
RTX Looks best, but I'm old skool.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Transmission cooling lines in new aluminum radiator
« Last post by VileZambonie on April 24, 2024, 05:27:15 PM »
Buy yourself them there braided trans cooler lines. You can loop em any which way you need to and they're cheap $$$
« Last post by Captkaos on April 24, 2024, 03:58:12 PM »
if running inline I always run trans to rad cooler, then to rad to external if you can mount it at the front.
GM ran all of them that way when they did HD trans cooler. 
I am currently rerunning my Turbo truck remote as there is no room at the front with the Rad, AC and Intercooler. (pics will be posted)
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Towing questions
« Last post by Captkaos on April 24, 2024, 03:54:40 PM »
As long as you don't compare it to a newer truck it will be fine.  Biggest cooler you can get as heat is the obvious killer or autos.

Not really sure what you are asking in item 1...
« Last post by Captkaos on April 24, 2024, 03:51:14 PM »
RPM on the right, speedo left, all of these require wiring to a control box.
This is both the Dakota and LS wiring in my personal truck http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=12120.60
It is very simple process and comes with all the required sensors

VHX Style:

79-87(91) RTX style:

HDX Style:
« Last post by Mike81K10 on April 24, 2024, 02:44:25 PM »
Hard to make out! Does the large gauge on right in the RTX-79C-PU have the RPM? Also does the stock harness connect to these or do you have to do some rewiring?
« Last post by Shifty on April 24, 2024, 02:11:01 PM »
Being in AZ, that's never been a consideration for me...I get a choice, hot, or hotter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10