Author Topic: more tranny problems  (Read 1498 times)

Offline aprice

• Registered Users
more tranny problems
« on: April 29, 2005, 02:09:00 AM »
well i got my mudder wired up which was easier than i figured it to be. it runs just as good as when i parked it. installed a driveshaft. started it up again and found it stuck in reverse. i can put in in all the gears L-1-2-3-R but just kills in a forward gear. this tranny sat around in a guy's garage for who know how long without gearlube it.(he thought it was full but i went to drain it and nothing) my thought its it might be slightly rusted stuck and maybe to drive in reverse to break it lose. they guy i got it from said it worked fine when he pulled it and stored it. any other ideas why its doing this, or ways to fixed it without pulling the tranny out again

Offline BruceLopesJr

Re: more tranny problems
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 06:28:00 AM »
Transmissions can sit forever and not go bad.  

Check your shifter cable to make sure its working properly, as well as your vacuum lines.  Other than that, it sounds like something is wrong with it internally.

Offline aprice

• Registered Users
Re: more tranny problems
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
sorry i didnt mention that i'm dealing with a manual tranny. i checked where you put the shifter in the tranny and made sure the syncrows were lined up and they are. i think your right that there is something messed up inside. i talked to a local tranny shop and they said they could fix for aroun $30-40, i might just let them deal with it,