Author Topic: 4'' lift questions?  (Read 3429 times)

Offline jhiggin

4'' lift questions?
« on: February 21, 2015, 04:44:53 PM »
well I've been round and round deciding how to do my 4'' lift on what will be my daily driver. I've finally decided to use tuff country 4'' ez ride springs up front and a shackle flip with my stock 56'' rear springs. acouple questions about this lift that i cant seem to find the answer to are what size u bolts do i need for the new front springs (i want to use new u bolts and cant get an answer from the parts stores on even the stock size)? also whats a good reasonably priced set/size of brake lines i need to get?  what about rear u bolt size ?and lastly some say i wont need a zero rate for the rear and others say i definetly will . what do i really need? and what should i be looking for? i dont want the rear to sit higher i want the truck level.  any insight suggestions ect. would be greatly appriciated. thanks! ( also if it helps this lift is going on an 81 k20 long bed 10 bolt front, 14 bolt rear )

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: 4'' lift questions?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 05:34:40 PM »
you also can measure your you bolts and take that to a spring shop and tell them what you need (or take the old ones in if you can)
dont need rear u bolts.
the front u bolts should come with the kit.
you can buy skyjackers extended brake lines or someone sells a relocation bracket.
imo i wouldnt do a shackle flip. you move the axle forward and its no longer in the center of the wheel well, it doesnt look good imo. you can also do blacks in the rear, and you dont need anything for the rear except for what your shackles or blocks and brake lines.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline jhiggin

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 05:49:46 PM »
thanks for the response. the reason im asking about you bolts is because the others got cut off the parts truck and i forgot to measure before hand. about the blocks. how much harder are they gonna make the truck ride? this truck wont be taken off road.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 06:02:18 PM »
with blocks your are still using the stock springs. my thinking is it shouldnt be much worse than the stock ride maybe better since you are going to replace the shocks also but i have heard the contrary on a show that was pushing spring lifts so idk. the u bolts someone on here should be able to measure theirs for you.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline roundhouse

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 07:37:51 PM »
Just order the u bolts with the springs

The rubbr brake lines from a 91 1 ton are longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ajdmello

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 05:11:44 PM »
Did you get your new springs? How does it ride? I want to get some spring but having a hard time desiding what like to buy I want something that will ride and drive nice and handle off road although it will mostly be a dd.