Author Topic: Shocks for 6 inch lift?  (Read 3881 times)

Offline Danger Zone 87

• New Users
Shocks for 6 inch lift?
« on: August 30, 2015, 04:23:21 AM »
Im having trouble trying to figure out which shocks to put in my 87 K10 SWB, it has a 6 inch lift and im going to be running 38s. Im set on getting SkyJacker shocks, Im just wondering if anyone knows what the extended and collapsed length of the shocks that I need to get are

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Shocks for 6 inch lift?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 07:21:32 AM »
cant tell you what mine measure. but
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sja-n8060/overview/
Extended Length (in): 29.830 in
Collapsed Length (in): 17.320 in
these are good for 6"-8" lift
these arnt the only ones that will fit but thats the measurements they use
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline enaberif

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 10:31:52 AM »
Im having trouble trying to figure out which shocks to put in my 87 K10 SWB, it has a 6 inch lift and im going to be running 38s. Im set on getting SkyJacker shocks, Im just wondering if anyone knows what the extended and collapsed length of the shocks that I need to get are

Procomp ES9000 and if you go their site it gives you all the info you need.

Offline Greybeard

• Frequent Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 12:41:04 PM »
Unfortunately, a more expensive shock will (should anyway) give you a better ride. Those tires are not light, so the shock has it's work cut out keeping them in control. Just something to consider.

One more thing to consider, the stock shock mounts are pretty strong, but they are obviously only designed for 40lb tires and wheels. A 150-200 lb tire and wheel setup is far beyond their design capabilities. I used 39" tires and steel wheels with no problems, but I also had friends that ripped theirs off. Different shocks have differing amounts of control, my shocks where Trailmaster and where pretty soft. A hard shock will put more stress on the mounts.
I am what I am and I ain't no more!