Author Topic: Suburban Tailgate Glass  (Read 3696 times)

Offline rockhoke

• New Users
Suburban Tailgate Glass
« on: February 16, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »
I have a 1973 suburban, which i replaced the entire tailgate on, with a 1991 tailgate.  it worked fine.  but then i broke the glass out of the 91 tailgate, so I put my glass out of the old 73 tailgate into the 91 tailgate.  now the glass gets stuck going up and down.  Is there a difference in the glass somehow, or is there an adjustment i need to make?   The glass in the 73 was clear, and the glass in the 91 was tinted, if that makes any difference.  it's a 73 model suburban, with a 1991 tailgate on it.

anyone know?  thanks!

Offline problazer

rear glass....
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »
Rear tailgate glass is the same size from 73 to 91. If I were you I would pull off the rear panel and watch it go up and down to see what is hanging up. If it is a crank have someone work it from the outside. If it is power disconnect the cable from the motor and hook a cordless drill up to it to make it move. And it never hurts to grease the living crap out of it while you are there. Did the window shatter??? If so it is possible that there is glass shards in the window track. Look into that as well. Good luck,  James

Offline Gearhead57

• New Users
Re: rear glass....
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »
Yeah, the tailgate glass in my '82 sticks too. I took it apart, oiled it, and...it still sticks. Guess it's just old.