Author Topic: Cruise Control Troubleshooting  (Read 3804 times)

Offline BranZ

Cruise Control Troubleshooting
« on: January 18, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »
Cruise control troubleshooting.  I am having issues with my cruise control on my 1988 Suburban.  I push the button at speed and it starts to surge.  Any help would be appreciated.  BranZ

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
Cruise Control Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »
I am sure it has to do w/ the computer.  The computer is telling the fuel injectors that the vehicle is going slower than it actually is and therefore accelerates constantly. It may have to due w/ a speed sensor.  Your computer may think it is going slower than it actually is.

I don't know where these speed sensors are, maybe tranmsission???  Something is getting bad information on speed.

SgtDel  

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: Cruise Control Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »
The cruise doens't have anything to do with the computer.  The 82-86's used the same Speedo VSS for cruise control.  I am not sure what the problem is, but it the truck is running fine, the ECM is ok.  Is there any codes from the ECM?  Is it surging all the time?

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline ChevyGuy

• Frequent Member
speed
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »
I had that problem the two things to look for is the sensor on the tranny or a vacuum leak.

Offline BranZ

Re: speed
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 09:48:00 PM »
Sorry about not getting back to you guys.   :( :(   Anyway, their loss.  She runs like a champ with 233,000 miles on her.  I only feel the surging when I use the cruise control.  It is like it does not know how to regulate the speed.  This was tested on flat piece of highway.  Thanks, BranZ
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:47:19 AM by Captkaos »