Author Topic: Any updates on newer seats for mid 80's c10?  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Metal Man

Any updates on newer seats for mid 80's c10?
« on: January 09, 2020, 08:56:59 AM »
I have been searching for awhile and still have not found anything I like. I am looking for something with head rest and fold down center console with cupholders would be nice. I need to keep the bench seat style.
What I am finding is mainly 90s PUFFY seats. I have found some photos of liek 2015 back seats that look thin which I like but dont know about comfort. Im not looking for a seat that pushes me more forward or higher than stock. Actually would like to go a little further back in the seat over stock.  Any ideas. I have the tools to make mounting brackets so I dont think thats a issue.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Any updates on newer seats for mid 80's c10?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 03:39:32 PM »
I have yet to see any retrofits that fit the style of these trucks from late model trucks. Yeah they'll fit but aren't really nice looking IMO. Aftermarket seats are the best option.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Metal Man

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 08:39:19 PM »
at this point I am looking at anything that doesnt push you up or further forward. Fold down center console is ok.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Metal Man

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 10:09:06 PM »
thanks for the help , I am going to go with a bench I found out  of a 94 chevy truck . It has the head rest and the foam is in good shape. It also has the weird one arm rest for the driver. Measuring my stock seat and the 94 seat they are the same width. Scored it for 100 dollars.

My stock seat , bought this way, has the back and bottom foams fully exposed and they are ruined. I dont see a back foam available and the bottom foam is 600 dollars . It will be about 1k by the time I could get it done and back in the truck with still no headrest.

I like the newer model seats but the shove you forward or to high that I have to tilt and replace steering wheel. I believe the 94 seat is going to be my best option.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 04:19:45 AM »
The seat brackets I just fab'd dropped the base over 3" just for that reason. Generally speaking, if you don't want your head touching the roof or your knees hitting the dash, you will have to do some customizing on the bracketry to maximize the space. Good luck with it and post pics so we can see how it came out.
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Metal Man

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 07:56:56 AM »
seems like all the trucks I seen with late model seats have had the brackets modified and the seats are still to high. To the point of needing to have the steering wheel replaced with a small diameter and the tilt steering in the full up position. That or the floor needs to be cut out and set flat.  :-\

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 06:25:56 PM »
Again, I have yet to see anything not intended for these trucks bolt in and look right. If you look at those brackets I just did for the buckets, they clear enough for the carpet and the jute and the seat track sits atop of the brackets. Every inch counts....  ;D
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)