Author Topic: 700R4: Rebuild vs. Remanufactured  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Red87

Re: 700R4: Rebuild vs. Remanufactured
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2021, 10:06:42 AM »
I wish you could have had Richard at precision do your trans. I understand that you have already spent a lot of money on your rebuild and he is pretty far from you but he may be able to give you some advice on what to do if you can’t resolve it. He is hard to get ahold of on the phone as he does all builds personally. He will talk to you in person so it might be worth the trip to talk to someone that I feel knows his stuff. Again if you haven’t watched some of his videos your missing some good information.

Yes, I did watch his videos...seems very knowledgeable on the subject for sure.  If I didn't already have enough on my "project list", I believe I could've probably rebuilt the dang thing myself using his (and other) videos I've seen.  I may try calling him if I can't get it working...worst he can say is "no" or not call me back.

So if you manually shift, 1,2,3,4 does it shift appropriately? Does it 4-3, 3-2 & 2-1 shift manually correctly? (obviously at the appropriate speeds)

I haven't tried that yet, but I will today for sure...that will be interesting to see how it shifts manually.

Offline Red87

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2021, 01:27:36 PM »
So if you manually shift, 1,2,3,4 does it shift appropriately? Does it 4-3, 3-2 & 2-1 shift manually correctly? (obviously at the appropriate speeds)

Manual shifting is producing the same results, sort of.  Manually, I can stay in each gear as long as I want, 1st-to-2nd is "firmer" than when in automatic, 2nd-to-3rd "hangs" for a bit before it shifts up, same "hanging" with 3rd-to-4th (overdrive).  Of course, the TV cable is still all the way back where the shop put it when I took it to them last week for a test drive.

What should I be expecting with this slight change?

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2021, 05:50:52 PM »
Try releasing the TV cable out 2 clicks
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10