73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Exhaust

For Those Times When You Can't Seem to Find a Decent Header That Fits

(1/2) > >>

ehjorten:
Driver's side full-length LS headers just don't seem to fit my '91 V3500 with the stock 4L80e and stock column shift linkage.
So...I designed and printed my header. I am just about ready to test fit it! Glued up the last bits this morning. If everything fits properly, I will buy the components and have the tubes CNC Mandrel Bent.

Shifty:
That, good sir, is bad-as&!  8)

Geezer77GMC:
Sweet! We need more "can do" and "actually do" folks in this country. Seems that so many folks just can't figure what to do if something isn't on the shelf, all the work and thought already packaged for them.

Da67goatman:
Nice job.  That would have cost millions if a brand name company tried it, and it still wouldn't fit lol. I'm assuming since you've put forth this much effort already, you'll have them made from titanium for extra awesomeness;  or maybe just stainless so there's no need to re-mortgage your house to pay for em  ;)

ehjorten:
My passenger's side header fits great! I did have to make a slight clearance for one of the tubes at the frame rail flange. They are from a 2010 Camaro. The headers that I first bought that were "LS Conversion Headers" for square body trucks did not fit at all on the passenger's side! Even cutting off the ear of the transmission wouldn't have made those things fit!!! The truck used to have a 454 with full length headers, so it isn't impossible, and no modification to the 4L80e case.

The headers will be 304 stainless. Printed ABS just isn't going to hold up! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version