Author Topic: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)  (Read 254710 times)

Offline scorpion

• Registered Users
Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)
« Reply #375 on: June 24, 2015, 11:42:04 PM »
Matt here from south Denver Colorado.  At the age of 16 my friends dad had a 1978 LWB with a 400/400/208/44f/14r.  There was something about it that I really liked.  At one point his dad offered to sell it to me but when I came up with the money he backed out.  Never got over it. 

5 years ago I sold a business (off road aftermarket manufacturing) and sold all of my toys (jeeps - yeah, I know ;).  While surfing Craigslist I ran across a '74 LWB that caught my attention.  The PO had dropped in a 454/465/203/10f/14r and left most of the rest of it alone...it was a perfect starting point to build the one truck I always wanted.  I purchased it for $2200 and drove it home 1 1/2 hours from Colorado Springs at 55mph (factory tires, 4:10's) in 80mph traffic and loved every second of it.

The day after I drove it home I started collecting parts and the slow process of the build - I'm nearing 5 years now.  14b was replaced with a factory 14 CUCV with 4.56 and Detroit.  10b front replaced with a D60.  The sm465 was replaced with a 4L80E and 203 replaced with the less common passengers side drop np241.  The factory 3/4T lift was ditched in favor of more flexible 1/2T springs while growing to ~6-inches to clear 35's.  Factory heads were ditched and replaced with the Vortec 7400 heads, Performer RPM intake, and Fast EFI that now breath through large tube headers, 3-inch exhaust, an X-pipe, and flow master 40's.  Saddle tanks have been replaced with a 30 gal rear mounted Suburban tank to make room for running 2010 Silverado seats and a center console (the cool one with three cup holders).

The shelves in the garage shelves are still packed (aka lots of work left) with interior and exterior parts awaiting install (aka my time).  The persistent saving and selective purchasing of parts has had its ups and downs but the end is in sight.  When I look at it I dream of it being done and can't wait for it to be.  My friends, neighbors, and family don't get it and my wife has had her moments agreeing with them...as a favor to all of them I plan on being buried in it so none of them will ever have to "get it".  :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:48:50 PM by scorpion »

Offline 86HighSierra

Re: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)
« Reply #376 on: June 28, 2015, 08:16:03 PM »
Hi all, Justin here from Wichita, Kansas. I have a 1986 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton 4x4. Its in pieces now. Im 31, have 3 kids and married. Am a union electrician by trade. I bought this truck from my brother when i was 17 years old. It was my first vehicle and these were the only trucks we were allowed to park in dads driveway.
The truck is a sierra classic with a 6" lift, front i used springs and rear is a 4" shackle flip kit with super shackles and 2" lift springs. Just scored a set of slotted mag wheels wrapped with 35" 12.50 15" tires.
I am in the middle of my build, when i get more time and become more comfortable talking and posting on here

Offline travisr1988

• Frequent Member
« Reply #377 on: June 28, 2015, 09:30:17 PM »
Hello, I'm Travis, 26 out of north Austin area, Tx. I always liked the round light squares, my first was a 1979 silverado c20, 350/400/4.10 14b. My current truck is a 1977 custom deluxe c10 350/350/3.42 12b stepside, the motor is fresh .030 over, lunati cam, vortec heads, qjet, headers, etc. I am engaged with 1 child; a 1 year old boy; who will eventually inherent my '77. I am a tire and battery technician by trade, and I enjoy spending time with my family, working on my truck, playing games, and pool (although I don't do much of the latter anymore).
1979 Chevrolet Silverado C20 rclb cammed 355/th400/4.10 - sold
1977 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe c10 rcsb stepside 355/th350/3.42
Vortec heads lunati cam edelbrock intake headers

Offline bowmank10

« Reply #378 on: June 28, 2015, 09:37:05 PM »
Hey guys, My name is Kaden and I live in Hick Town, USA (aka Fairchild, WI) -population 500. I am soon to be 16 and have spent the last year and a half of my time (and money) bringing a rare 1980 shortbed k10 Silverado with factory A/C and tach , back from the dead. Check out my build thread for more info on the truck. Thanks,
Git R Dun.

Offline kholting

« Reply #379 on: June 29, 2015, 09:48:47 AM »
My name is Kholtin just recently got on this forum. This is the first foray I have been on. I'm 21 in a couple days live in CA I'm from Wyoming only here for the marine corps got two years left and going back to Wyoming. I'm married with no kids. I have a 81 Chevy Scottsdale with an 82 350. Currently rebuilding it. I am a diesel Mech for the marines but i have always worked on vehicles before the corps and that is what I will do when I get out. I think that's about it for me pretty simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline diesel71805

• New Users
« Reply #380 on: June 30, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »
Hi name is Shawn, I'm 35 live in brasher falls Ny. I'm restoring a 79 C-10 has a goodwrench 350 4 bolt with a 700 trans . Summit racing headers.

Sent from my HTC331ZLVWPP using Tapatalk

Offline oz bowtie

• New Users
« Reply #381 on: July 22, 2015, 09:21:30 AM »
Hi my name is jimmy from cronulla sydney  i own a 1980 c30 right hand drive table top extended tray used as  transporter its a sbc 350 with a turbo 400 auto truck is fully engineered runs on lpg/propane with twin tanks was assembled in australia

Offline Trixie13

• Grease Chick :D
    • Trixie13 Photographic Art
« Reply #382 on: July 29, 2015, 03:53:07 PM »
Well, my name is Miranda and I hail from the outskirts of a tiny town in South Central Texas.  I came into ownership of a 1974 Chevy C10 Frankenbeater and named him after a friend who passed on 4 years ago, Chadd.  It's a great truck, but it's also quite the frankenbeater, and often leaves me scratching my head. 

I am married and we have a small farm with three Catahoula Leopard dogs and a rat terrier and two cats.  I was hoping to have goats or chickens this year, but work and this mess with losing one truck and inheriting another has put a damper on those plans.

When I'm not working on my truck, I like to cook, love photography (I am even starting a small business with my photography, which specializes in mostly cars, trucks and bikes.  trixie13.weebly.com), and spending time at the lake, fishing with the love of my life.

I will likely have a lot of dumb questions about this crazy truck, so y'all bear with me!  Those of us who knew my friend who died are convinced that he's haunting the truck, considering the hijinks I've been through.
"Damnit, Chadd!  Quit MESSIN' WITH MY TRUCK!"

"Hey is that kajigger supposed to be connected to that doohickey?"

Offline TruckinWithSasquatch

« Reply #383 on: August 22, 2015, 12:38:08 PM »
What's up yall?
My name is Alex and I am 23 from Central NC and just purchased my first truck ever. It's a 1977 C10 Custom Deluxe. She's full of rust all along the passenger side front fender to rear bumper but I tell you what she is so much fun to drive and just needs a little tlc and I think she'll be around for a while. I hope to one day in the next few years restore her to her former glory or do a fast and loud Street Racer (against all my friends hopes and wishes-they're all mudders). I can't wait to get started on some minor stuff and can't wait to get started. Anyone else in the Raleigh/Wake Forest Area have a similar truck? I'd love to get together with a few fellow square body brothers and see what you've got going on with your truck. Thanks all!!
Trucking With Squatch
1977 Custom Deluxe C10
NC

Offline Rest-o-Man

« Reply #384 on: October 28, 2015, 09:05:46 PM »
Hello, my name is Art, I live up here in Muskoka Ontario  Canada. I work at at local welding shop, been licenced for around thirty years now. My wife and I have own our home now for around six years.  I`ve built my own shop, Started playing with garden tractor pulling for a few years at the local fair grounds. I have a 81 GMC 2500 350 gas two wheel,  In the past 4 years I`ve done a frame off rotisorrie  restoration. shorter rear dually rear end I put in, reinforst the rear, and alot of other stuff.and its flat black. I`ll post some picture soon.

Offline Buck1978

« Reply #385 on: November 12, 2015, 12:03:21 AM »
Hi Everyone!!
 I am Chad and I live in Grande Prairie Alberta Canada I am married no children yet. I have worked in the oil and gas industry for 15 yrs and currently working in a natural gas processing plant.    My project currently is my old high school truck, a 1986 Chevy Silverado 2wd fleet side.  I sold it in the fall of 98 and found it again a year ago while surfing a buy sell sight looking at what an old 86 chevy was selling for. I sold it for $5000 bucks and bought it back for $5000 worn out I regretted selling her since the day old sold her. 
My daily driver is a 99 Jeep Cherokee Xj that I bought new in 99. My driveway truck is a 2015 chevy 2500 high country duramax till the jeep quits.  This is my first major undertaking on a restoration.  The truck has had all the body work done and I am currently working on getting the wiring hooked back up and the new 12 bolt rear end in.   I have partially installed a fresh interior, had my old buckets recovered I replaced the headliner, carpet and dash pad. As well  I installed the one piece glass in the doors, which turned our good.  Replacing the old 10 bolt with a fresh 12 bolt and a eatonposi and 3:73 gears. While working or the rearend I installed a DJM lowering kit with full replacement front end dropping it 3inches  and a 4 inch in the rear. In the front I have a new 383 stoker  and a new set of dart aluminum heads fueled with a new 750 quick fuel carb and all the other nice stuff.  I have a new flex a light with duel cooling fans and rad to install.  I joined looking for some help with a couple wiring issues.  Thanks all!!

Offline Symptom

• New Users
« Reply #386 on: November 20, 2015, 07:40:56 AM »
Well here you go.. Im Tommy. Doing my first truck restro kinda. im 42 married 1 daughter and 4 step kidos. a very loving and understanding wife (for the most part) lol. tons and tons of questions been answered by reading in this forum so i finally joined. I work at Toyota building sienna minivans. and Dj. so when i got the free time. or make the free time im messing with the restro. Ready to start chiming in my 2 cents and getting so good answers lol. Talk to everyone soon and thanks for accepting me in here.

Offline BusClown

• New Users
« Reply #387 on: November 20, 2015, 07:46:59 AM »
Hello Everyone!  I live in northwest Florida with my wife and best friend Linda. We have a 1985 Chevy Silverado 2wd fleet side and been working on having a 383 Stroker built for the last 15 months and it's back in the shop. We also redid the interior and repainted the whole truck but We're just having Bad Luck.
 Hopefully now that I joined this truck forum my luck will change... ;).
Thanks For Having Us
 Jack

Offline Sully 3

• New Users
« Reply #388 on: November 28, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »
Hi folks I'm Sully 3 my Mom and Dad gave me a strange name Sully 3. No My name is Kevin Sullivan I grew up in Boston and moved to Flordia in 89. My main ride is a 83 Chevy step side with a 250 I love that truck. We got this 84-85 Midas RV its a Chevy P30 with a 454 due to medical co-pays we lost our house so now its Judy, Rigby the tux Lab and our daughter said no way don't blame her. More to come but 12 back operations don;t let me sit long
Kevin,  Kev.  Sull,  Sully
Old and handy capped Kevin Sullivan

Offline Jr.

« Reply #389 on: December 03, 2015, 09:29:16 PM »
Hello! My name is Milton and I live in Antioch, CA which is in S.F. Bay Area. I'm approaching 43 on the 12th (Lord willing). I've been building motors (that's why I go by Motormouth454) since I was 15 and I love it!!! My current project is a 1973 C10 Stepside with a 454 from the factory.  9:1 compression, .540 Summit Racing camshaft, Professional Products Cyclone 2 Intake , 781 oval ports, HEI, Flowtech Headers, Flowtech Afterburners mufflers, factory 12 bolt 3.23 posi, & th400. (Waiting for the arrival of SMI Racing  Stage II 800 CMF Quadrajet in 2-3 weeks.) Will be installing (most of these parts are stacked in the garage)a Summit Racing 2500 stall converter, modifying tranny valve body, adding transcooler and  deeper pan. (Truck  breaksloose @25 mph without the carb and stall converter.) Maybe 100 - 150 shot of laughing gas to top it off.  I'd like to become a site supporter but can't seem to figure out how to access it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:31:23 PM by Jr. »