Author Topic: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)  (Read 252788 times)

Offline jstatic77

Re: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)
« Reply #405 on: July 26, 2017, 10:45:38 AM »
Woohoo! I am in...
My name is Joe from San Diego, I am 39. i work as estimator for glazing contractor and i take night classes. I recently picked up a 75' scottsdale. My first vehicle when i got outta highschool was a 1981 silverado that i sold 10 years ago and wish i never did.
but hey i got a 75 now.  :)

Offline frankentruck79

« Reply #406 on: July 31, 2017, 11:26:27 PM »
Jay

Live in the STL area (Illinois side)
I'm a programmer working in iOS and android development.
Bought a 74 Chevy k10
https://frankenchevy.wordpress.com

Is the blog following my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 79ScottsdaleGuy

« Reply #407 on: August 14, 2017, 07:10:21 PM »
My name is Johnny, 30 years old, about 20 minutes south of Fort Smith Arkansas. Former GM certified tech, however not master tech, and ASE certified tech.  I have a 1979 C-10 Scottsdale restoration project to give back to the old man.  This was his favorite truck he had ever owned and he had bought it brand new off the showroom floor in 1979 when he got back stateside from the U.S. Military service.  He later sold the truck to help pay for a newer vehicle for some of us kids.  After much discussion, i went to great lengths to track the truck back down in Fort Worth Texas, where I was able to make an offer and re-acquire ownership.  The body was still rust free, but had new dents, and the original 305 had spun several rod bearings.  Removed the 305, built a performance 350, I rebuilt trans, am looking for 3.73 posi for twelve bolt to drop in, and am working on finishing interior and then off to body shop for work and paint.   I am probably going to rebuild the original 305 as well and keep it on the side in case I ever want to return truck to matching numbers.  I have a few pics in members ride page if interested. Welcome all new members and as always, this page forum group is awesome and extremely knowledgeable.  Special thanks for letting me be apart of it.

1979 Chevrolet Scottsdale C10 Auto 3 speed Non-A.C.

Offline BobBastion

« Reply #408 on: September 15, 2017, 01:22:53 PM »
Hey Y'all, guess where I'm from. Yep, the south. I'm 53 years old with 2 kids, wifey, a dog and 2 cats (not mine). I live just across the line from Tennessee in Georgia but I can literally throw a rock into Chattanooga. I have an 80 model c-10 that I have been driving since 95 and a recently acquired 82 Silverado which is why I joined this board.

Offline adam.smith2676

• New Users
« Reply #409 on: September 16, 2017, 08:18:11 AM »
Hey guys I'm Adam, 23 years old and I live in south west Louisiana. Recently bought a 78 c10 stepside to restore because I've always dreamed of having a classic vehicle. I've learned a ton from this forum already but I'm sure there's plenty more I'll need to know!

-Adam

Offline juggernaut6625

« Reply #410 on: October 11, 2017, 12:43:43 AM »
Hey,
 My names Hunter 27 single with a newborn. I'm from just north of New Orleans. I just bought a 83 GMC SWB Stepside after my 2016 GMC Sierra got squashed by an 18 wheeler. I figured i would get something solid and sturdy which is easy to work on. I have plenty of questions and I'm sure y'all will be plenty of help.

Offline seahawktweak

• New Users
« Reply #411 on: October 15, 2017, 12:06:33 PM »
Hello, everyone.  My name is Chris.  I am 43, retired Navy and live in Virginia Beach, VA.  I have my Dads old 78 Sierra Classic LWB  with a 350/TH350. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline durtylmm

• New Users
« Reply #412 on: November 28, 2017, 02:25:37 PM »
hi all my name is Dillon i'm 26, I've been dating my girlfriend for five months now ( we have been best friends for over a year now before dating) and we have no kids, i live in south Jordan UT ( my truck and other vehicles are at my dads shop in highland UT).i currently have a 2008 Chevy duramax that i have been building ( aiming for 700hp and around 1500ftlbs of torque ) as my daily driver/weekend warrior, a 77 Chevy c30 dually which is my project, i plan on bagging it and possibly swapping in a duramax motor and Allison trans, this is my first full on custom project so if any one has any tips the dont mind sharing to a new comer fell free to shoot them my way, i will greatly appreciate it. when i'm not working on those two i'm trying to get my dad motivated to work on his 1960 ford f100 factory 4 door or our 77 Monte carlo. i am a production line mechanic for a medical company in salt lake city. i like to do anything outdoors or that has to do with motors.

Offline PBritty

• Newbie, but working on cars for 30 years.
« Reply #413 on: December 04, 2017, 02:13:36 PM »
Hello,

My name is Patrick (PBritty to some of my friends).  I am 48 and I have always wanted a 1986 SB Silverado so this year my son, who is 14, came to me with one that was 90% done and 60K miles so I bought it.  Then we bought one off a farmer for cheap and we are re-building it.

I learned how to paint and do body work in high school - we were blessed with a technical school.  Everything else I just figure out ;>}. 

So far we have replaced the entire brake system, vent windows, ripped out the interior and have everything to go back in once we take care of some rust.

Cheers!!
PBritty
North Georgia
1986 Silverado K10 (85% Complete)
1986 Silverado K10 (35% Complete)

Offline Mjfreuland

« Reply #414 on: June 02, 2018, 07:15:53 PM »
Hey guys, I'm Michael Reuland. 27 years old, married for 8 years, and one 2 year old named Jack. Just bought my first 1974 c10 short bed step side. Running project. Super excited to get on this page and learn as much as possible about this truck. Gotta a lot to do to it, but looking forward to it.

Offline Frozenoak

« Reply #415 on: June 19, 2018, 11:01:58 AM »
Good morning,

My name is Dale, and I'm a truckaholic ;)  I started going by Frozenoak back in my CB Radio days and have carried it with me through my D&D days, into online Gaming and Social Media.  I live in Southern California and work 40 some miles away in South Orange County.  I work for a medical device company as an engineering technician.  I was raised in the southeast corner of Colorado until 9, then the Ozark Mountains of Oklahoma until I graduated High School.  The first car I bought was a pickup truck, thanks to a song by Joe Diffy, and I went away to the Marine Corps.  After I got out, I stayed in Southern California.  Some of my other hobbies include Ham Radio, Backpacking, Hot Air Ballooning, and Motorcycles.

The missus gave me a 1974 Chevy Cheyenne Super for my birthday about a month ago.  It's a Project Truck, that runs, so it'll have to take a back seat to the CB750 Cafe Racer project motorcycle that is currently not running.  First thing I did was put new "better" rims (15X8) and tires (31X10.5 All Terrain) on her.  Then I had to rebuild the Fuel Line from the fuel pump to the carb.  She runs great now but there's rust in the tank so that's next.  Also debating moving the filler neck so that I can fill up like a normal person.  She has a lot of body rust in the typical spots so I've also been pricing patch panels but that'll have to wait, and the 383 upgrade, and the leather interior, and the...

Regards,
Dale
1974 Cheyenne Super C10 Short Wide 350/TH350/4 BBL

Offline cheves

• Not so newbie
« Reply #416 on: June 26, 2018, 08:45:52 AM »
Hello
1973 C10 Shortbed Stepside

Offline talan1979

« Reply #417 on: July 23, 2018, 09:04:28 PM »
hi there im talan just bought a 1976 camper special c30 dually im new at this year of vehicle but already i have learned alot about it any tips on the fuel tank valve positions would be really helpfull

Offline ShogunK20

« Reply #418 on: July 24, 2018, 06:49:20 AM »
Hello everyone,  hail from Kentucky. 46 with a set of twins. Have a project 83 K20 I'm working on. Career cop with 20 years under my belt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline GrandpaCMC

• Retired USAF
« Reply #419 on: August 08, 2018, 09:11:51 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm Steve we live in North Carolina and have gained some acreage in the hills of the Blue Ridge. As such my wife decided we'd go back to our childhood, so we bought a 73 C20 that's in pretty good shape but has a rise of around 6" which doesn't sound bad until you climb in out a few times.  But none of us have any ideas that if you own a  73 4 x 4 is not going to keep you or your neighborhood repairman under the dash, hood, or just underneath (great advantage of a 6" rise) to my wife that's me.
Steven C.