73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Body, Glass & Paint

Vent window woes

<< < (2/2)

Mike81K10:

--- Quote from: 1980K20 on January 29, 2022, 09:00:41 PM ---
Came across another question. The bracket at the back of the door have a captive nut. But there's a square hole on the door. I assume I just put a washer on it and be done, but it's there something special about it?

--- End quote ---

There is a small square Yellowish or white nylon nut plate similar to the license plate nylon nut that snaps into the square hole of the bumper to screw into. Local auto parts store carry them. The cone screw threads into the vent window frame, not the door. Have to get it pushed in all the way to get the cone screw in. You may need to leave the other bolts/screws a little loose until you get them all lined up and get the cone screw in.

1980K20:

--- Quote from: Mike81K10 on April 06, 2022, 08:40:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: 1980K20 on January 29, 2022, 09:00:41 PM ---
Came across another question. The bracket at the back of the door have a captive nut. But there's a square hole on the door. I assume I just put a washer on it and be done, but it's there something special about it?

--- End quote ---

There is a small square Yellowish or white nylon nut plate similar to the license plate nylon nut that snaps into the square hole of the bumper to screw into. Local auto parts store carry them. The cone screw threads into the vent window frame, not the door. Have to get it pushed in all the way to get the cone screw in. You may need to leave the other bolts/screws a little loose until you get them all lined up and get the cone screw in.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Mike.  I got the windows in, and the square versions of the plastic versus rectangular. The machining on the aftermarket doors is the issue, I had to file that down.  The passenger works much better than the drivers side, may need to take drivers apart this summer.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version