73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Members Rides

73-87chevytrucks.com Pickup

(1/20) > >>

roundedline:
I am putting together a truck to show off the products we sell and here is the progress of it so far.  I have HOPES that it will be drivable by May for the Maggie Valley 73-87 GMC/Chevy Truck show...

These are from the weekend on the March 6th, 2006 where I played swap the cabs:

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD ProjectEdited by: roundedline at: 9/27/06 4:36 pm

roundedline:
Weekend of March 13th, 2006:

Directions for the project changed and the cabs were reversed.  Now my nice shiney black frame that was once home to a Hilborn injected (in progress) 454/ Doug Nash 5 speed is now bare and awaiting the motor mounts for the 6.0L.  The motor mounts were ordered on the 11th.

Here is where I am starting now (old pic):

My '73 project has swapped frames and direction some. Since I want to stay with the '73 front end, the 81-87 tilt was donated to the 6.0L truck. The frame I had was also donated since the horns were cut to fit the '81-87 frontend, and I wouldn't have to mock the '90's blazer tank back in and rebuild the suspension. Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

roundedline:
Tuesday evening:  Gatherered all the parts and pertinant pieces necessary for mocking the motor/trans and the tilt front end on the truck and put them on a trailer and headed for my brothers shop.  Dropped them off last night around 12 midnight.

Here are the pics of the arrival to his shop (camera phone, so..):

Of course after I got there we had to complile a list of stuff that I did forget that needs to be delivered for the next trip so we can actually get something done.  

Anyone have a wiring schematic for a 2003 6.0L engine compartment? Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD ProjectEdited by: roundedline at: 9/27/06 4:36 pm

RSBAD454:
I hope to have mine running again by summer....Can't wait to see your progress. Toys are my game

Leadfoot:
I gotta question for you.. I seen your tech article about the blazer tank and decided that was a cool idea,then I got a susburban parts truck,so I robbed the tank out of it while I had it,but one thing I'm not sure about,have you figured out how to connect it to a filler neck?  I don't really want to try to relocate a filler door to behind the rear wheels..I'm thinking about going thru the bed floor with a custom piece using the cap from a fuel cell..got any better ideas??

thanks,
Tim

BTW,good to see some progress on your ride,lookin good!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version