73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Members Rides

My 1980 Chevy C10 Restomod

(1/118) > >>

80stepsideguy:
As you can see i am starting from the bottom upUsing a 12 bolt 3.73 rearend a bare 77 frame thats been coated and rear suspension already installed.Its taking some time but it`ll be well worth it when i am done.Any questions dont hesitate and ask.

thanks
pat

78BBSTEPSIDE:
Looks good, doing the same to my 78, from the ground up. Takes time and money and any more, more money than time. Should have mine in primer in the next month, just waiting for the temp. to cool down a little as it has been so darn hot in CO. I was fortunate enough to find NOS doors and fenders, which makes the project that much nicer. Have fun and good luck!

80stepsideguy:
I got a set of doors that were on my 1st cab from a 86 blazer but they got massive amount of filler in them.I got 1 NOS doorskin and looknig for 1 more for the pass side eventually.You arent kidding bout the amount of money it takes, this has been about 1 year in the making so far, the rearend has been lowered 4 inches and i am thinking of ditching the factory front A arms and sell the spindles and use the stock spindle setup and go with a tubular control arms and that`ll lower it 3 inches right off the back and use the 2 inch lowering springs,Its gonna have a 402 with a 700r4 .I am hoping by this christmas to make it a rolling chassis.The fenders i got came from california and are rust free.The bed sides came from here in florida and need 1 stake pocket(which i got) and the rear fenders were once NOS.The rear steps i got are NOS the back panel is NOS the lower part that sits under the tailgate is also NOS the radiator support is aftermarket but is in perfect shape.I got a original one from the 77 frame but it needs work and i got a goodmark 2 inch cowl induction hood i bought for 100.00(no joke) i traveled 4 1/2 hours each way but it was worth it.
thanks
pat

cjtimp:
Nice shop............trucks coming along nicely.

80stepsideguy:
Thanks,
heres are pic of the garage after it was built and before we did some landsaping its a 40x40, 2 10 ft doors a 14 ft ceiling 2 skylights, i always wanted this size since we 1st moved here in FL at another place we lived, but im hoping by spring of 08 to have a 2 post car lift inside or a eagle ramp style lift in there.
thanks
pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version