73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Projects Posts (NOT VEHICLES)

MY BLUE BURBAN MODS

(1/7) > >>

BLUE BURBAN:
Ok gang This is going to be an ongoing posting of the mods I've done and am currently working on for my 1990 K2500 suburban.
First off a little bit of history on the vehicle.  I am the 2nd owner of this burb and when I acquired itin September of 2006 it had just under 87,000 miles on it. I was told the previous owner kept it garaged all the time and didn't drive it much during his 17 years of ownership. He'd bought it in October of '89. It is (was) a basic model with no amedities except for rear heater and power rear tailgate window with defroster and clearance lights. No A.C. No tilt steering, No cruise control, No power windows or locks or mirrors. No nice comfy bucket seats. Dull blue-grey interior with blue rubber matting not carpeted. No rear interior trim.
 The first thing I did was was remove the useless cubby-hole above the heater controls and replced it with a 6 disc CD storage unit from a BMW X5 and paint the cluster bezel blue.

okuma:
that storage things is cool..... any pix of the whole truck?

BLUE BURBAN:
Will be adding more pics as i go along I've got them stored somewheres on one of my hard drives I just have to find them or take more.

FlatBlack77:
pretty sweet man i never seen a setup like that before.

BLUE BURBAN:
On the outside of it, I've added factory original power mirrors that I've had lying around here for about 10 years Added a factory rear air deflector to the roof of it. I won a $200.00 gift certificate back in February at work from a body shop and had the windows all tinted to match the factory privacy glass for a total cost of $249.00 (Gift certificate + $49.00 cash out of pocket) Next I had them "smoke" the clearance lights on top as well as the front turn signals,side markers and taillights. I also replaced the 194 "peanut" bulbs in the clearance lights with the larger and much brighter 921 bulbs. I then ran 2 extra wires up to the outer clearance lights (one to each side) cut the ground lead away from the same 2 lights,reconnected it to the 3 center lights and wired the outer 2 to my front side marker lights so now they flash with my turn signals.
Here's a couple of pics of it from the outside

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version