73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Projects Posts (NOT VEHICLES)

1990 Jimmy floor replacement

<< < (2/8) > >>

ccz145a:
Yep, the capt. is right. With no support, it would be easy to "fix" it all warped and skewed. Leave it bolted to the frame.

ssgoodman:
wouldnt i have to cut around the frame and supports and xfer case and the guts underneath if i leave it on the frame?  the supports are shot on it also.

Captkaos:
Once you start cutting the floor out, you need to brace the inner structure with some tubing or angle or something. 

ssgoodman:
still working on the tear down of the jimmy, today i got the front fenders, hood, grille, headlight bezels and cut alittle bit out of the floor.  i went to lowes and looked at some sheet metal pieces but holy cow that stuff is expensive, i thought it would be cheaper then the floor pans but i dont think so.  i need to replace the rockers on it and was wondering what people knew about the rock sliders that i hear about on the K5 forums.  i dont know how nice it would look, i have seen a few that were nice and few that were blah.  has anyone replaced the rockers on a jimmy body and if so how difficult was it?  could i cut the rockers out at the same time i cut the floor out without the body braced?

Sutton

hotrod24:
man were is the pics of the tear down

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version