Author Topic: Dual tank  (Read 1508 times)

Offline kchill7195

Dual tank
« on: July 15, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »
I have a 76 C20 454 with 24k original miles.  My fuel tank switching valve has gone out.  Replacement valve does not need constant power but rather switched polarity to swap tanks.  Tough to replace factory switch to a DPDT.  Has anyone put a tube tying the two tanks together.  Keeping the fuel level the same in both tanks?  Or can the switch be cut out and 2 fuel lines just tee'ed together.  Any great idea would be appreciated

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Dual tank
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 12:42:31 PM »
i know theres atlease one on here that did that. but his was diesel and he doesnt get on here anymore due to the lack of attention he was getting. but anyway, its unsafe cause you would have to mount the tube or line under the tank and frame rail which depending on your truck height might have a chance of snagging something and ripping it off.

best bet is to fix it right. i wouldnt put a DPDT cause you would have to rig up the wiring. the switches are somewhere around 15 and you can just put it right back into the hole where youre old one came from and you dont leave a hole in the dash
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes