Author Topic: Still sinking...  (Read 3343 times)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Still sinking...
« on: February 26, 2018, 10:12:23 PM »
Well she still sits (or sinks). The old lady wont sell, said her son is going to do something with it...and that was many years ago. This original bonanza is just sinking deeper and deeper into the earth. This is the truck i took a peek under the hood when no one was looking and then when i tried to close the hood it folded in half. I panicked and unfolded it the best i could and tried to close it, but no dice. You can still see the fold mark on the far side. That happened like two or three years ago.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:14:16 PM by philo_beddoe »
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Still sinking...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 05:33:10 AM »
LOL hit em up again. I like that truck
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 06:17:57 AM »
I  have never understood why people would rather watch vehicles rust away than to sell them so someone can have a vehicle to restore to some degree to use. Just nonsense!
1974 Cheyenne 10 LWB STOCK 350 W HEI /TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 07:48:51 PM »
some have sentimental feelings behind them and fear someone will cut the fenders to fit bigger tires under it or modify it in some bad way. 
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Still sinking...
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 07:25:41 AM »
LOL hit em up again. I like that truck
Yeah, i remember VZ, a few years back you showed some interest in the old pile-o-rust. I wanted those rare fender badges! Not far from my house, so i'll keep on it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:28:49 AM by philo_beddoe »
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 07:33:57 AM »
some have sentimental feelings behind them and fear someone will cut the fenders to fit bigger tires under it or modify it in some bad way.
Yeah, can you imagine anyone even thinking of modifying such a relic? How absurd!! LOL...

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 10:26:22 AM »
Yeah, how absurd

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 10:28:01 AM »
Did you happen to talk to the mom while driving your truck? Maybe that will give her the reassurance that you'll take care of it and maybe the son might feel the same way

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 10:41:00 AM »
There was a green and white 78 C10 SWB not far from my home in NW Indiana that I would pass by often.  I stopped when I seen the guy out there and I had the time.  By that time it had been sitting for at least 20 years.  The frame was sagging and the top of the bed was starting to touch the cab.  He was in his 60's and still had plans to restore... He was going to go automatic and I was hunting up 3 on the tree linkage parts.  He wasn't going to part with anything....
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 01:02:09 PM »
Did you happen to talk to the mom while driving your truck? Maybe that will give her the reassurance that you'll take care of it and maybe the son might feel the same way
Good idea, i'll swing by with my '77 one of these days.