General Site Info > General Discussion

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

<< < (2/3) > >>

1979C20:
Yeah, but its still ugly to look at. And most people leave like 60% of the letter out of a paragraph. Mostly because general society has gotten lazy beyond belief. 10 years ago as a kid, if you wanted to know if your friend was home you had to walk to their house and knock on the door. Now, you use your thumbs to type a message while sitting in a recliner eating chips. I dont even use a computer anymore unless I have to print something or post pictures, I use my phone.

VileZambonie:
I have slowed WAY down on responding to posts because I don't have the time to sit there and try to figure out what the point, question, statement etc is. This is elementary school stuff here people. Put a little effort into it or why should anyone else?

bobcooter:
Seriously, you guys are right. I have been noticing that people's spelling has gotten worse and worse lately. Not just here but everywhere you look. It's called the "Dumbing Down" of America. Sad.

theaddictedchef:
I realize this is an old post, but I had to chime in after reading it. 

I work in a kitchen with a bunch of younger people (and some old guys like myself).  I have noticed that there are a TON of people that have no idea how to spell, use punctuation, or type complete sentences.  I agree with what one of the replies said - typing with your thumbs from the recliner.  I have noticed that all this abbreviated text message jargon has carried over into everyday life.  Whn u typ lk ths n xpct ppl 2 no wht s goin on.........it really makes it hard.  Text message is a great tool, but not the forum to quit a job, break up with a girlfriend, and definitely not the place to learn how to spell.  We have lost the skill of face to face conversations and it is "dumbing down society".  That part I absolutely agree with!

Just my thoughts.....

HAULIN IT:
This is a real problem! Like others have mentioned, I've found myself reading something over & over trying to figure out what the person is trying to do, ask help with, ect. anymore I just read it & if I have to question myself...I simply move on. It's a shame, but that's the truth. It is happening WAY too much. I find it on other sites as well.
 I believe the start of the problem is these "smart" phones that finish the words for people after you type the first few letters...it thinks your trying to say the "common" word, not something related to a truck. Everybody is in a rush in life & can't be bothered with the spell check button or now that the "smart" phone has made the user "dumber" since they don't have to know how to spell...they can't spell. Lorne

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version