Author Topic: Neutral Saftey Switch  (Read 3206 times)

Offline unbludictable

• Registered Users
  • Low Down Blu
Neutral Saftey Switch
« on: May 04, 2009, 02:07:05 PM »
Hey, guys! I've got problems! My '76 GMC will not crank! I left my lights on and the battery went down had it recharged, tighten it down truned the switch... and nothing!! I bought a new Neutral Saftey Switch from Auto Zone but it had more plugs that the old one! Took it back and was told that it should work just ingnore the other plugs!! Just want expert info!!

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Neutral Saftey Switch
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 12:15:51 AM »
are your sure its the switch? try jumping the starter just to see if it will turn. what trans do you have? to me it almost sounds like a problem with the battery terminals or wires. if you jump the starter and it turns then we know thats not true
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:39:54 AM by Irish_Alley »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline unbludictable

• Registered Users
  • Low Down Blu
Re: Neutral Saftey Switch
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 10:06:56 AM »
You were right! It was not the switch! It was the battery! Hooked two truck to the battery and my truck finally turned over. The "expert" at AutoZone told me that it could be my starter or alternator. I asked him if the starter or alternator keeps my lights from comming on? No answer just a stunned look! They tested the battery and it was the battery all the time!!!! Thanks