Author Topic: Heater delete  (Read 2997 times)

Offline jay_c

Heater delete
« on: November 29, 2014, 12:08:49 PM »
Fellows,

First I apologize if this is a dumb question or if it has been asked before (did a search and I couldn't find an answer). I have a 81 C10 and the heater doesn't work and since this isn't my DD I want to delete it. I have a heater delete panel but I'm not sure what to do with this (picture) does this get removed? Should I also remove the vents?

Offline Jason S

Re: Heater delete
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 03:29:08 PM »
It looks like the truck had factory air?  Are you also getting rid of the air conditioner portion? It looks like you have the plenum still inside the cab.

If you're getting rid of all the heat/ac function, then the plenum and ductwork under/in the dash can come out as well. The vents in the dash can be removed and the trim plate for a heater only truck can be installed on the dash pad. The instrument cluster bezel from a heater only truck could replace the factory air bezel.

BTW, your excess parts could help someone installing or refurbishing a factory air system.
1973 GMC K2500, Super Custom, Camper Special, 350, TH350, NP203, 4.10's
1974 Chevrolet K10, Custom Deluxe, 350, SM465, NP203, 3.73's

"1) Peace through strength; 2) Trust but verify; 3) Beware of evil in the modern world"

Offline true74yamaha

Re: Heater delete
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 03:42:05 PM »
did you go threw with this? the heater isnt to complex. it uses vacum sometimes lines pop off or break. control linkage pops off. check those first. on back side of heater box aka firewall side on inlet door youll see a tab that makes desired heat function happen. those break!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:13:14 PM by Captkaos »