73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Suburbans

1991 Burban V2500 6.2L Diesel

(1/11) > >>

Deercreekfarm:
It’s been a while since I’ve posted but I have a new toy;

I bought a 1991 Suburban V2500 4X4 with a 6.2L Diesel with Barn Doors on the back. Everything is factory and I call it my unicorn find. Here’s my question, what all is needed to remove the Gen 1 EDM (PCM) from the truck?  I know I will need to ditch the 460LE transmission for an older non electronic TH350 or TH400.  Has or does anyone know what all I will need to change, swap, add and or delete to do this?

Thanks

VileZambonie:
91 Suburban did not come with a 4L60E and why do you want to remove ECM?

Deercreekfarm:
Well it might not have come with a 460LE but that’s what it’s got in it. I thought they come with 700r4’s and I want to get rid of the ECM and put everything back to mechanical. I’ve owned numerous 85-87 models and never had a problem. Had a 1990 with ECM and had nothing but problems the entire time I owned it. I found this one rust free not abused and owned by Duke Energy so it was well maintained and cared for close to the level as the government used CUCV’s. I’m no spring chicken so I would like to get this thing set up to last me the rest of my life.

So has anyone had experience doing this before? Just looking for a little guidance.

Thanks,

fitz:

--- Quote from: VileZambonie on June 09, 2019, 07:27:53 PM ---91 Suburban did not come with a 4L60E and why do you want to remove ECM?

--- End quote ---
What overdrive trans did they use in the 3/4 ton trucks in 1991?

Deercreekfarm:
I thought they used TH700r4’s but it has a 4L60E in it.

I’m thinking get rid of the intake and replace it with an 85 or earlier and drop a 350Turbo in it and that should eliminate everything connected to the ECM, I think?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version