73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Power Windows & Door Locks

Switching to Crank

(1/2) > >>

87 ChevyVan:
I'm looking for instructions on how to switch to a hand crank.  My 87 Chevy Van has electric window and door locks.  The passenger side window does not work proper, I'm thinking the easiest fix for me is to replace it with a hand crank.

I'm looking for instructions, and what parts I might need.

Thanks to the community.

Mike81K10:
What is wrong with your window now? If it is the regulator, I would replace it with the OEM. However, there is not much difference in the installation mounting configuration of a manual regulator.

87 ChevyVan:

--- Quote from: Mike81K10 on January 23, 2021, 07:56:24 PM ---What is wrong with your window now? If it is the regulator, I would replace it with the OEM. However, there is not much difference in the installation mounting configuration of a manual regulator.

--- End quote ---

It sticks on the way up, motor whines, but does not have the push.  It totally locked up the first time after I bought the truck, had to research on the internet tricks to get it up on a road trip.  We got it up, but don't like to use it much now. 

What is a OEM?

I have not gotten inside to look at it, I'm a bit timid to do so.

I probably should look up a youtube video on the topic.

VileZambonie:
Try lubing up the felt and window run channels with some lubricant. Pop the door panel off and lube up the tracks and see what it does. Going to manual cranks sucks.

87 ChevyVan:

--- Quote from: VileZambonie on January 24, 2021, 01:46:27 PM ---Try lubing up the felt and window run channels with some lubricant. Pop the door panel off and lube up the tracks and see what it does. Going to manual cranks sucks.

--- End quote ---

Probably best to start with this.

Is the door panel easy to pop off?

I'll check youtube.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version