Author Topic: 350 tbi build recipe  (Read 4795 times)

Offline 90_suburban

350 tbi build recipe
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 02:46:41 PM »
You need to rationalize what you want to do within your end goals so I would agree, some overthinking. If this truck is going to be mostly street, drivability is a concern and the main reason you want to stay TBI is the convenience & you will be towing your trailer occasionally, then focus on that. The doubler the 12V, etc just adds more to the mix. You should devise a plan and build to suit.

So looks like the most rational would be a mildly built 350 I’d like close to 300hp at the flywheel would be enough I would think. Either the 4l80e or stick with the 700 with a np241 transfer case.

Off topic but will the dodge 241 passenger drop bolt to either the 700 or 4l80e. It has the 6 bolt round mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:51:45 PM by 90_suburban »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: 350 tbi build recipe
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 06:15:36 PM »
like vile said, think about where you want your power and go from there. towing and a DD low end is ideal to help you get up and going imo
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline 90_suburban

Re: 350 tbi build recipe
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 06:37:20 PM »
like vile said, think about where you want your power and go from there. towing and a DD low end is ideal to help you get up and going imo

I agree definitely want some low end grunt. And will definitely make sure I put a lot of thought into it before I pull the trigger on doing anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk