Author Topic: 75 c-10 parking break issues  (Read 2002 times)

Offline The_Trav

• New Users
75 c-10 parking break issues
« on: July 04, 2015, 10:38:47 AM »
I just got a 75 c-10. Took her for a little cruise around the neighborhood to try and identify any issues.... well issue #1 just showed up.

Pulled her in the garage and noticed the driverside rear wheel was pretty darn hot with some smoke and smelt like burning brakes. Parking brake cable has some slack in it? E-brake pedal falls straight to the floor when u push it , and you have to reach down and pull it up when you disengage it. Checked the MC and all brake lines and didn't come up with any leaks.  Right rear isn't making any grinding noises while driving.  Drivers side rear doesn't spin freely in neutral while jacked up and in neutral. Passenger rear is fine while driving, no heat, smoke etc.

Any help would be appriciated.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Re: 75 c-10 parking break issues
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:49:38 AM »
My Ford f-350 did the same thing, (before I sold it for a 77 c-10) it was the e-brake. Yours probably has a kink in it or is frozen or rusted somewhere. Replace that cable properly, and do a good brake cleaning and lubricate in the right areas. You should not have any slack, and when set...should spring back nice.

My 86 s-10 also froze up bad when applied, I had to floor it in reverse and pound on the brake pedal just to free it. When I donated the truck they "dragged" it away.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1