Author Topic: Hydroboost  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Guy2dogs

• Almost
Hydroboost
« on: February 22, 2017, 02:07:33 PM »
Looking for a new (rebuilt) hydro boost brake/steering booster for my 1975 C30 crew cab dually. I cannot find any, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
Re: Hydroboost
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 05:55:55 PM »
im finding the hydroboost for your truck easy. napa has them there part number is unspsc 25171719. 
140.00. if you buy it wait to give them your core til you install the new on, there is the rod that connects to your pedal you half to take of you old and parts to it. and some dont have the bolts to bolt it back to master cylinder.  incase you didnt know that. hope this helps.

Offline Guy2dogs

• Almost
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 08:51:42 AM »
I went to NAPA in my area and was told that I had to give them my old one and they will send it out to have it rebuild. I do not want to upgrade to a newer master cylinder or power steering pump because I like the unique set up of the hydro boost.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 09:20:37 AM »
never heard that before from napa. even when i worked for autozone they never had to turn one in before and most times we would tell people to keep their old one for a visual comparison. the only people i hear that from is some small company that rebuilds hard to find parts like injection pumps. either you miss understood napa or that person doesnt know what theyre doing and they misinformed you. they might of meant "they will send yours out to be rebuilt then ship the rebuilt unit back to you" which isnt true, theyll charge you a core charge and send a rebuilt one back then you can send in your old one and they will refund it then ship it to the warehouse to be rebuilt. they will ship it then to another third party to rebuild it and they will inspect it, dissemble, replace only what is needed and then resemble it ship it back to napa and it will sit on a shelf for the next guy that wants a rebuilt unit

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBB529393

If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Guy2dogs

• Almost
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 06:35:19 AM »
Nope, he told me to take the one in the truck, bring to him, then he will ship it to Cardone in Philly to have them rebuild it and will call me when they received it. That is what I was told.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 07:03:10 AM »
you have 2 options.
A do as he said and pull it and hope you get the same unit back
or B hole onto it pay the core charge and when they get a rebuilt one in you will then do a visual comparison and then give them your old one and they will do a core exchange. thats the reason theres a core charge. its not a mandatory thing to do it if was there wouldnt be a core charge and it would say something like "must turn in your old one to be rebuilt"

theres a few items that we never knew if you would get the right part back for. like if you were off a year and we ordered the wrong part, we would tell people to hold their unit so when it comes in we can just swap it out after making sure they dont need anything off their old one and its the right item. think about what would happen if you had a crack in yours and broke it or something that wasnt repairable. they wouldnt turn you down just cause you didnt have a good core
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes