Author Topic: should i buy?  (Read 2255 times)

Offline 87swb

• Frequent Member
should i buy?
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:12:12 PM »
i found an 85 Silverado, 2WD SWB that a guy wants to sell. he's asking 1,000. straight ol truck. the thing is it's been in primer for about 10 years and it has surface rust spots on it everywhere like on the curves on the body, around the windshield seals places like that, no pitted rust or rust holes just that smooth kinda rust. if i buy it can i get rid of it without it coming back??? i hate to pass it up but i know rust worries me to death.

Offline Chevalade

• Frequent Member
Re: should i buy?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:15:30 PM »
As long as it hasn't penetrated, then it is prolly sandable and reprime and you would be good to go.

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 10:07:49 PM »
Sand it down, & Chassis Saver it.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline okuma

• Frequent Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:34:56 PM »
go for it.............. its defenetly workable is surface rust only
THE LOWER I GO,..... THE MORE SHE LIKES IT!

Offline 87swb

• Frequent Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 08:39:04 PM »
so far ya'll are tellin me what i wanna hear ;D. it's a runnin truck, got a 350, a 350 tranny and a 12 bolt posi rearend. a good bench seat, headliner, and good dash, good tires. no carpet, or air conditioning equipment. it's a truck someone threw together. i just don't wanna get a rust bucket and i really hope it doesn't have that windshield seal rust like my other truck had. only one serious rust spot and it is barely pitted and it's under the cowl by the windshield but i don't think it runs under it.