Author Topic: McCaughey flip kit question  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Lit549

• Banned
McCaughey flip kit question
« on: August 31, 2014, 10:21:04 PM »
Ok, it's a 85 chevy swb c10.I lowered it with a 4.5/6 McCaugey kit.My question is, can ya install a leaf spring pack backwards?? My wheel on  the right side looks too far to the back of the wheel well from the side.I know the saddles have location holes to move rear end back to prevent driveshaft from being too long..And my saddles and holes are mounted right..Left side looks centered , right side looks to far to the rear..Should I elongate the location hole in saddle to move rear end further forward or take out leaf spring and reverse it ? Anyone had this problem??

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: McCaughey flip kit question
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 11:24:20 PM »
you can install a leaf springs backwards i dont know how far off it is but my rough county i had to install backward, when i installed the right way the drive shaft would fit. spun the leafs around and it fit
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 07:45:21 PM »
If you have HD 56" springs you can.

Offline Lit549

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 07:13:19 PM »
Well, I looked at theme and they have clamp like brackets towards the front of each leaf and both are correct..I guess I'm just gonna redrill holes in the saddles tof center the tires in the wheel wells and just have the shaft shortened if needed..What's the most accurate way to measure wheel base??

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 10:51:04 PM »
did you measure the springs to determine if they were 56" or 52"?
Measure from the edge of the rim on the front tire to the edge of the rim on the back tire on both sides and post what you find.  Try to measure at the further most edge.  It should be 117.5"

Before you go redrilling you need to determine if there is something else wrong.  Did you measure this prior to the flip kit?