Author Topic: AIR RIDE ON A 4X4  (Read 2780 times)

Offline 76 k10

• Registered Users
AIR RIDE ON A 4X4
« on: March 15, 2008, 01:41:56 AM »
BEFORE I WAS INTO LIFTED 4X4S I US TO LIKE 2WD TRUCKS WITH BAGS. CUZ I LIKE THE RIDE WELL I WAS THINKING ABOUT MAKING A CUZTOM AIR LIFT FOR MY TRUCK ON IT THAT WOULD GO FORM A 8 INCH LIFT TO A 16 ICH LIFT ON THE FLICK OF A SWITCH WHAT DO YOU THINK.............................  ???

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: AIR RIDE ON A 4X4
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 06:44:52 AM »
Well you better have some good slip yokes, and some set pinion angles that will work with your 16" lift. Also you would need to change your steering system to something that wouldn't be affected by the change in height like a rack and pinion system and an adjustable steering shaft. I'm sure you could do it if you planned EVERYTHING out accordingly.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline 76 k10

• Registered Users
Re: AIR RIDE ON A 4X4
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 02:05:41 PM »
Well you better have some good slip yokes, and some set pinion angles that will work with your 16" lift. Also you would need to change your steering system to something that wouldn't be affected by the change in height like a rack and pinion system and an adjustable steering shaft. I'm sure you could do it if you planned EVERYTHING out accordingly.
ya iv already planed for that and last night i made the bag mounts and planed for my 4 link