Author Topic: need help finding a header for my K20 with angle plugs sbc400 going in soon  (Read 1755 times)

Offline 74k20

• Registered Users
My new motor is done, and I'm trying to prep for the swap in a couple weeks.  Currently running the stock 350/t350/203 set up.  Going to a nicely built sb400 with aluminum ANGLED plugs.  The truck is currently running stock manifolds and small diameter dual exhaust shooting out behind the rear tires.  Just found out tonight the headers I was hoping to use (used) will NOT work with the angled plugs.  grrrrr.

So for research I've been surfing Jegs and Summit for headers, and getting rather frustrated with NO confidence finding anything for angled plugs and a 4x4.  Would also like to find an exhaust kit in 2.5" that runs out the back behind the rear tires (long bed).

Anyone got any advice as to what works?

Thanks,

MJ

Offline 74k20

• Registered Users
After 2 days of research, contacting a few different companies (with frustration), I finally got a hold of someone at Hedman Hedder that knew what he was talking about.  The guy recommended the 69090 (painted), or the 69890 (Elite coated).  EVEN tho it clearly stated 2wd – he assures me they will fit a 4x4.

What a frustrating lack of info the last 2 days.