Author Topic: in need of wireing help again  (Read 2237 times)

Offline 75??? franken-trunk

• Registered Users
in need of wireing help again
« on: April 26, 2008, 06:14:26 PM »
ok so as some of you may know i had a fire in my truck... and i needed to replace my ignition harness, and now i have troubles. its in a 84 chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 twin gas tank truck. my fuel gauge is reading like i have a break in my wire or a bad ground, and my wipers will not go off (like there stuck on a delay setting.) i know thel all go off the same harness. the harness i put in was out of a junkyard special (85 1/2 ton blazer with a 400 sb...) the only thing that was not reconected was a tan wire that comes from under the truck its next to the pink wire that i belive is for the fuel gauge, only cuz my new harness didn't have that one... is that for the other tank or what and would that make the gauge not read on either tank i select... so now what all i have is a test light set... any info at all would be awsome thanks...
Jack'em High
Fat chicks can't climb

Offline DnStClr

Re: in need of wireing help again
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 01:26:14 AM »
Can you run a jumper from the tan to the pink wire and see if the fuel gauge works? Those two colors are used for the fuel system, depending on the year of the truck.
Don
87 Chevy Silverado