Author Topic: t-case problems  (Read 2483 times)

Offline 4X4MILKMAN

t-case problems
« on: January 02, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »
Hi.  I bought a 1979 chevy k10 this summer.  I need to know how to properly use the the 4 wheel drive.  The unit is a full time t-case.  I have no problem putting it in 4-loc, but when I try to take it out thats when I have the problems.  What do i need to do to take out of loc without damaging the t-case.  And is it possible to add manual hubs without changing the t-case.  
4x4
t-case

Show results

micrys5150

Re: t-case problems
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »
Yes, you can put manual-locking hubs on your truck without changing the t-case. I had it done at Les Schwab in Brookings, OR on a 79 GMC Jimmy about 8 years ago for about 75 bucks. As for getting it back to 2hi, I was having the same problem, (that's why I swapped the Hubs!) try shifting the tranny into neutral first, if that doesn't work try shifting tranny into reverse, back up a couple of feet, and then shift into neutral, and try shifting the t-case into 2 hi. They can be temperamental at times!    

Offline 4X4GMCGUY

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »
Your t-case is a 203. you can put hubs on it but make sure that you get the adapter kit for the t-case. it cost about 200 bucks.  micrys5150 you live in brookings???

micrys5150

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
No, I don't live in Brookings anymore. Am now in Colfax, CA, but go up there several times a year to visit my kids who still live there. Sorry it took me so long to respond, but Crystal and I are building our home and it is taking up all of my time! I'm gonna try and visit this site more often...I've lost touch with alot of people lately! Thanks for asking!Mike and Crystal