Author Topic: Chevy Truck Cost  (Read 8574 times)

Offline Gilby959798

Re: Chevy Truck Cost
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 08:06:52 PM »
ok so I am an engineer and am always doing estimates for jobs and such and since i have so many cars i figured i would track every penny that i put into them, not including gas, insurance or stuff like that. Parts, Oil changes, or any repair is tracked.

I was wondering if anyone else is anal like me and wants to know how much goes into their vehicles and what the cost to date is of their truck?

mine is an 86 K10 and so far i have $1062 in it.

What I want to know is how you got such a nice looking truck for so little money? 

I got LUCKY... the truck was a friend of a friends and he had to get rid of it for personal reasons... I decided what the heck as i definitely didnt need the truck but deciding i wanted it lol. it didnt run when i got it and now i got it running like a champ.... I bought it initially for something to tinker with cause i was told that it had a tick in the engine and i thought if nothing else i could put in a new(er) one and be fine and still be into it for cheap. I took the gamble and wound up getting dang lucky with a sweet looking ride and now if i can i am going to try to keep it.... if the war dept allows me to that is... if worse comes to worse i can sell it for at least 3500 i figured.. ok enough rambling on my end...

'86 K10-Budget build
'98 Cobra-Toy
'95 Mark VIII-Daily Driver also a toy
'97 Mountaineer- 5.0 AWD Her Car
'00 F-250 7.3L PSD 4x4 Winter toy

Offline bigpurplechevy

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 12:37:32 PM »
all in all i have just over 3,000 in mine, including the purchase of the truck itself.  to me the price is relative i enjoy my truck, with that said how much is happiness worth?

Offline slammed79

• Thou shalt not drive stock
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
I just went over the 2600 mark with mine when I got tires for her. $800 for the truck $800 to get it out of impound last year. 300 in fixing misc abuse from the PO, $200 in the stereo and $500 for rubber.
74 C10 Long bed 350/SM465 Lowered on 20's

Praise the lowered

Offline Gilby959798

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 02:57:50 PM »
well the cost of happiness is hard to put into perspective... my house makes me happy and it is very pricey (at least to a 24 yr old right out of college), my cobra has the most money wrapped up and makes me very happy during the summer, the lincoln has been a fairly cheap car to own and makes me happy to have a great running mildly fast summer dd, my f250 has some money wrapped into it but without it i couldnt pull some of the things that i do to make me happy (like pulling the chevy home) and my chevy, which is by far my cheapest vehicle right now makes me happy because it doesnt have very much of my money wrapped up, its in good shape, has all the body parts on it now, has good rubber, runs like a champ, and i only have $1075 in it including the cost of the truck. I dont do it cause I care how much money is in them, I do it so I can see which one is costing me the most relatively to each other. Now with that said I am inheriting a 77 GMC 3/4 ton camper special that needs completely restored and I know i will probably have about $8k in it when its all said and done but its a truck that my fiance's grandfather ordered and i would be happy to keep it in the family.

'86 K10-Budget build
'98 Cobra-Toy
'95 Mark VIII-Daily Driver also a toy
'97 Mountaineer- 5.0 AWD Her Car
'00 F-250 7.3L PSD 4x4 Winter toy

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 11:00:26 PM »
I don't keep track. You can't put a price on quality!
That being said I do have a general idea within $500 to $1,000 what I have into them.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline Grim 82

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
By the time I'm finished I'll have put into it about what it cost to buy it new, and it will be optioned much better than what was offered in 1982.
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.