Author Topic: Upper Rear Wheel Arch Panel  (Read 2122 times)

Offline black85k10

Upper Rear Wheel Arch Panel
« on: September 18, 2012, 01:43:13 PM »
I had to replace the rear wheel arch panel on my 85 k-10 a few years back. I only used the back half of the panel (drivers side). Now my question is i just got a 86 c-10 and the pass. side arch needs replaced on the rear. Does anyone know if the flared out part at the bottom behind the tire is the same as the front? holding it in place it looks the same.

Just trying to save a little money.   
85 chevy k-10 350 th400

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Upper Rear Wheel Arch Panel
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 02:47:03 PM »
Can you take a picture of what you are talking about?

Offline thirsty

• Suitor's Garage
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »
With a hammer and a dolly you could probably get it to work. I have to tell you though that it is so much easier to get the right patch panel that you would be mad at yourself for not just getting one from this site in the first place. I've gone the cheap route plenty and done 3 times the amount of work to save a buck. One of the great things about our trucks is the availability of patch panels.
Real trucks are built, not bought Build thread

Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the earth or break this bolt...Whatever, just hold my beer!

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:35:58 PM »
Its not the same.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline black85k10

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 06:56:29 AM »
sorry i have no way to post pics. also thanks for the advice.never hurts to ask a question

thanks again
85 chevy k-10 350 th400