Author Topic: Anyone made a set of these seats work?  (Read 8853 times)

Offline TimberwolfFXDL

Anyone made a set of these seats work?
« on: May 01, 2012, 01:37:40 PM »

From 2001-2006 GM truck.

I like the jumpseat/center console idea, as well as the integrated seat belts.  And the mounting seems a bit more user friendly than the trailblazer seats I bought.

I just wish they weren't so pricey.  This set is pretty beat up and the guy still wants $300.

The console/jumpseats alone go for $175-$500 on ebay.

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: Anyone made a set of these seats work?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 06:40:51 PM »
    That is funny, I was moving a truck around at work last Friday that had the same seats, I was sitting there wondering how hard it would be to get it to fit into my 74.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline TimberwolfFXDL

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »
    That is funny, I was moving a truck around at work last Friday that had the same seats, I was sitting there wondering how hard it would be to get it to fit into my 74.
Doesn't look like it would be too bad.  The mounting flanges on the rails appear to be parallel and low profile compared to the seat.  Which is way more than I can say for the trailblazer seats I used.

Offline choptop

• Extended cab fanatic
    • conversiontrucks
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:51:18 PM »
Im interested in the install. Keep is posted if you install them. Those are the seats I want to install in my extended crewcab.
76 C10 Choptop,76 C10 Swb
85 C10, 85 K10, 85 K20,86 C10,86 K10 (all extended cabs)
86 C30 extended crewcab

Offline PromiseKeeper

• Frequent Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:53:37 PM »
Someone advised me to take a good look at the seat support if you use integrated seat belts. If you don't beef up the floor where the seat is bolted down, they could pull loose in an accident. I don't think it takes anything huge, crawl under there and look at what GM used for the seatbelts. I put about 3X3 squares of 1/8 inch steel under mine. Something to consider..... you're going to run into the heat shield for the catalytic converter on the driver's side and the fuel tank on the passenger side.
1980 C-10 2WD short & wide. 305 auto.

Offline TimberwolfFXDL

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 01:09:02 PM »
Someone advised me to take a good look at the seat support if you use integrated seat belts. If you don't beef up the floor where the seat is bolted down, they could pull loose in an accident. I don't think it takes anything huge, crawl under there and look at what GM used for the seatbelts. I put about 3X3 squares of 1/8 inch steel under mine. Something to consider..... you're going to run into the heat shield for the catalytic converter on the driver's side and the fuel tank on the passenger side.

I'm using trailblazer seats in mine.  They have integrated seatbelts too.  I've reinforced the mounts from the topside, and will be adding 6x6 inch 10ga panels underneath the bolt locations as well.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »
Depending on how high they site with the floor hump, you may need to modify the floor.  These seats fit great in Blazers with flat floors.  The are going to be too high for a pick up from my experience.

Offline TimberwolfFXDL

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 02:24:43 PM »
The only thing I don't like is that the seatbelt side looks like a giant arm sticking up.  A bit awkard looking. 

This is how the trailblazer seats are set up:

Bad thing is the mounting setup.  I went through a lot of work to get mine close to being mounted.  I'd love to have that center console/jumpseat combo in the top picture though...

Offline choptop

• Extended cab fanatic
    • conversiontrucks
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 09:09:53 PM »
Depending on how high they site with the floor hump, you may need to modify the floor.  These seats fit great in Blazers with flat floors.  The are going to be too high for a pick up from my experience.

well crud!!
76 C10 Choptop,76 C10 Swb
85 C10, 85 K10, 85 K20,86 C10,86 K10 (all extended cabs)
86 C30 extended crewcab

Offline Skunksmash

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Not necessarily. Take your measurements and see if there is any height you might be able to shave off the tracks. Unless these seats are just like 6 inches taller than the others (which I doubt) there is likely somewhere you can remove a little metal in order to get them to lower down some.

Those are the seats I wanted for a long time as well. Couldn't afford them right now, may switch to them one day.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:16:44 PM by Skunksmash »

Offline nucknoel89

• Frequent Member
  • Proud to be Canadian!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 07:38:35 PM »