Author Topic: fuel pump relay  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Dshlawren

• New Users
fuel pump relay
« on: July 24, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »
i have a 87' c-10 with a 4.3. i changed the fuel pump it ran fine for about 30 minutes then it cut off. It seems to not be getting any power to the fuel pump. i tested the fuel pump and its working fine. So i am assuming that it could be the fuel pump relay. could anyone help? If  by chance that could be, where is the fuel pump relay located?

Offline bfofish

• Too Many Toys..... Not Enough Time
  • Frequent Member
Re: fuel pump relay
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »
on my 88 blazer it is located on the firewall just to the left of the motor(next to a/c or heater box). it's a small black or grey box with an oval plug going into the bottom of it.if you have a/c there might be two of them together,the second one for the a/c system is the same relay.you could try switching them and see what you get. if that does not work follow the wires and check your connections at the bulkhead,the pins tend to break.                                        this happened to me once,i had it towed in for $55.for a $.50 fix    >:  

Edited by: bfofish at: 7/24/06 9:49 pm
1987 Stepside 2wd , 2003 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: fuel pump relay
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »
Are you talking about turning the switch to on and it running and then stopping?  That is what it is supposed to do.  The pump only runs when the motor is running.  Otherwise it primes the system and stops.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project