Author Topic: Stock or electric fan  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Mr. Machanic

• Registered Users
Re: Stock or electric fan
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2024, 05:14:08 PM »
Yes, the controller came with a dual relay block and twin input lines that are fused to 20 AMP each.
The fans are 7.5 AMP each.
Test drive today went very well.
1978 Big 10 "Bigg'in"
350/350 auto.
Cordova Brown Scottsdale
Zero pollution krap.
Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
  • Site Supporters
    • My Photobucket Site
Re: Stock or electric fan
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2024, 12:15:50 AM »
I know it's an old post but maybe some of what I learned can help.

check this page out
http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=9090.270

The pics are gone but maybe what I wrote can help ya.    I put flexalite #295 fans in my truck back in 2011.   I upgraded to the in head temp sending unit.  It goes in the passenger side head similar to where the guage sender goes in the drivers side head.  made all the difference.   When I first got it in the heat of GA summer it popped a fuse.  I don;t remember the rating of the fuse but I put one in 5a higher and haven't had another problem since.  It's still running as reliably as a fan set in a new car 13 years later and maybe 60k miles later.  It's spendy but it works as well as OEM in my opinion.  and helped pickup and mileage.   My mileage these days is crap because no OD and the engine is finally on it's last legs.  I will keep those fans when I finally one day get a new engine trans for it.   I don;t know about how good flexalite is these days but the unit I bought has been perfect.
Kenny

1978 C-20, 350/400, 3.73, Graystone Metallic, Raceline Renegade 8 Wheels - 18x8.5, 275/70R18 BFG KO's