Author Topic: 14 bolt ff axle question  (Read 260 times)

Offline Chuckabc

  • New Users
  • Posts: 1
  • Newbie
14 bolt ff axle question
« on: September 21, 2026, 02:34:55 pm »
I just picked up a 14 bolt ff rear axle for my '76 c20. The one I got looks just like the one I already have but the new one to me has lock washers on the axle bolts. Did chevy ever do that or was it just some prior owner doings would you say? My '76 does not have lock washers on the axle bolts.

Offline Mr Diesel

  • Frequent Member
  • **
  • Posts: 362
  • Aaron
Re: 14 bolt ff axle question
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2026, 09:03:00 am »
Just looked at 2 of my full floaters and no washers at all, but the bolts have a washer flange. No need for lock washers.
1976 C20 Crewcab, 6.2L/SM465
1982 K30 Crewcab , 427TD/TH400
1983 C30, 6.2L/TH400
1983 K30 Crewcab 454/700R4
1986 K10 350/400. 1989 K30 cab/chassis 454/SM465