Author Topic: Quality OE Fuel pumps?  (Read 64 times)

Offline Scaryfastatx

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 86
Quality OE Fuel pumps?
« on: September 30, 2026, 10:21:05 pm »
Anybody have any guidance?

On my 305 dualjet with return, I had a carter pump and it lasted about 1-2 years

Finally gave out a few weeks ago

I ordered a Delphi and it was dead out of the box, wouldn't hold pressure unless I capped off the return line

Got a replacement Delphi shipped by the vendor

The replacement worked for about 30 minutes and then died, luckily I had some vice grips and was able to make it home.

The replacement won't hold pressure unless the return is capped also

It's crazy that you can't find a good fuel pump anymore

Offline Mr Diesel

  • Frequent Member
  • **
  • Posts: 364
  • Aaron
Re: Quality OE Fuel pumps?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2026, 08:24:19 pm »
Are you talking electric or mechanical pump?
1976 C20 Crewcab, 6.2L/SM465
1982 K30 Crewcab , 427TD/TH400
1983 C30, 6.2L/TH400
1983 K30 Crewcab 454/700R4
1986 K10 350/400. 1989 K30 cab/chassis 454/SM465