Author Topic: converting a 1 ton 4WD dually to single rear wheel-how?  (Read 7729 times)

Offline kuribo

converting a 1 ton 4WD dually to single rear wheel-how?
« on: April 29, 2003, 02:57:00 AM »
Can someone please tell me what would be required to convert a 4WD 1 ton (1987) dually to a single set of rear wheels? Would simply changing the rear hubs do it, or do I need to change the front and rear hubs and ? Thanks.

Offline MadMAx45186

Re: converting a 1 ton 4WD dually to single rear wheel-how?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 07:02:00 PM »
I would leave it a dually and build it up.  There was a SWEET 4x4 K30 in Petersens(may 03).  I would do something like that truck and run 2 38x11 boggers in the rear on each side and 38x16 TSLs in the front.  That would kick ass in mud bogging.  One question what engine/trans/tcase is in the truck?

Offline 79SilveradoK30

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 07:55:00 PM »
Well, you'll need the rearend from a single-wheel one too, since I think the dually and non-dually 1-tons have different size rearends.

Offline kuribo

update
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 03:06:00 AM »
Thanks for the input from all....I have found the following: the  dually has different front and rear hubs, the rest is the same for the regular pickup chassis. I can either switch the front and rear hubs, or use Hummer rims on the front (leaving the front dually hub as it), and either change the rear hub to a single, or leave the rear hub a dually, and get a shallow backspaced rim (someone said I could flip a Hummer rim on the rear and it would be about a perfect match with the front track)....Front is a dana 60, rear, 14 bolt....