Author Topic: project never give up  (Read 7124 times)

Offline loudnlow87

project never give up
« on: February 17, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
Havent had any time to post this all. crashed the truck last sunday night, rearended a guy in hillsborough. his late model 5 series wasnt that bad, taillights, bumper, decklid, and some light unibody pulling on the floors because the trunk was hard to close. MY truck, on the other hand is ****ed.

i plan on fixing it of course. ive had the truck 5 years 11 months and driven it everyday except maybe 5 days out of the year when i end up not going anywhere or its down for repairs. my boss is cool hes letting me work on it at the shop and use the frame machine too. in the meantime im lookin for a 96-99 deville for a driver, and im gonna try to take the truck off the road for awhile and really tear into it like ive always wanted to do.

wasted my TIG welded aluminum radiator

kinked frame

swayed frame

stock really sucks

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: project never give up
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 10:01:35 AM »
Ouch. How'd that happen? Good luck with the repairs. Hopefully you'll get it all straightened out. Watch out for those Devilles... The water outlet housings near the trans and waterpumps always leak. They are also good for puking rear main seal and oil pans and trust me, you will not want to pay someone to fix it nor will you wanna do it yourself unless you have a lift. So just a heads up when you're lookin at them. Check thoroughly for leaks.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline choptop

• Extended cab fanatic
    • conversiontrucks
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »
sorry for your loss. good thing about these things is they can be rebuilt, not just recycled
76 C10 Choptop,76 C10 Swb
85 C10, 85 K10, 85 K20,86 C10,86 K10 (all extended cabs)
86 C30 extended crewcab

Offline loudnlow87

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 03:21:25 PM »
Ouch. How'd that happen? Good luck with the repairs. Hopefully you'll get it all straightened out. Watch out for those Devilles... The water outlet housings near the trans and waterpumps always leak. They are also good for puking rear main seal and oil pans and trust me, you will not want to pay someone to fix it nor will you wanna do it yourself unless you have a lift. So just a heads up when you're lookin at them. Check thoroughly for leaks.

i nodded off for literally a second or two, traffic was coming to a stop, had enough time to think oh shoot!, hit the brakes but do nothing. tires probably locked up too, it was cold and blowing snow sideways.

good to know about the seals, thanks for the info. ill def check it out.

stock really sucks

Offline loudnlow87

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 11:08:31 PM »
bought a 99 deville today! finally! ive wanted a cadillac forever (preferably a hearse haha), but never had the money really. when i had the truck for sale years ago i was gonna get an 11th gen like this one.

its a northstar or concours, dont remember, dark blue with landau top and dark blue leather, 57,000 miles. im the third owner and youngest by about 40 years haha. loaded out. 300 hp, 300tq, 2 tons, 0-60 in 7 seconds, 17 city 26 highway mpg. cant beat a cadillac, man. pics soon as i can.

stock really sucks

Offline Redneckchevy

• Photo Bucket
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 11:22:49 PM »
Man that looks like it must of hurt...And i didnt think  the front end on our trucks would absorb so much of the impact!
1986 Chevrolet K10 Swb "Women love the hood scoop"
1997 Chevrolet K10 Lwb "Dunno what women love"

Offline eventhorizon66

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 11:41:50 PM »
Man that looks like it must of hurt...And i didnt think  the front end on our trucks would absorb so much of the impact!
These trucks are designed to look pretty, not to crash into stuff.

Well at least no one was hurt.  Falling asleep behind the wheel is Dangerous with a capital "D".  Try slapping yourself repeatedly before you drift off next time or driving with a full bladder (I promise this one works).  My cousin has fallen asleep at least three times, resulting in an accident.  Once he crossed the opposite lane to land in the ditch.  Another time he just hit a guardrail, tearing up the fender pretty good.  Don't remember about the other time.  Two of these times, it was in a rental car and every time he has walked away without a scratch and never hit another car.  Lucky, that's all I can say.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 11:44:15 PM by eventhorizon66 »
'85 C10 SWB 350 700R4 TKO600

Offline VeeTwin60

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 07:14:29 PM »
Dang - you must have been moving, or his was built like a tank.  I rear-ended someone in mine a week ago and thought I hit him pretty hard.  Only damage was the bumper and the grille... the lights even still work.
1986 C-10 1/2 TON 2WD SWB

Offline jonkmbll89

• Registered Users
  • 85 Chevy Silverado C10 swb 5.7/350
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 07:20:32 PM »
To bad, nothing that can't be fixed. :'(
GET IN, SIT DOWN, SHUTUP, AND HANG ON

Offline loudnlow87

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 09:22:52 PM »

way more options and trick sh1t than whats listed too

like brand new, man.

stayed late monday and tuesday, and worked on it during lunch wednesday. got the front end off and ready for the frame machine. not bad for about 6 hours of work.

frame damage is a little more evident now hahaha

bed full of scrap :(

the right fender got pushed back into the door and cracked it on the bodyline and bent the edge.

while the trucks just sittin there, i stayed a little late tonight and made some notches for the bed support channel  to clearance drop shackles when i lower it more soon.

stock really sucks

Offline Redneckchevy

• Photo Bucket
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »
Man you work fast don't ya how bad is the frame knocked out of wack ??...Good choice on cars!
1986 Chevrolet K10 Swb "Women love the hood scoop"
1997 Chevrolet K10 Lwb "Dunno what women love"

Offline loudnlow87

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 08:27:39 PM »
Man you work fast don't ya how bad is the frame knocked out of wack ??...Good choice on cars!

ill have to put it on the Shark system when its on the frame machine and see how it specs out. the cab shifted too, not sure if the bolts just slipped or the whole frame is damaged.

stock really sucks

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 06:36:04 PM »
How ya makin out with this thing?
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Bitzer!

• Smiles per gallon
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 06:46:27 PM »
Rebuild the truck as quick as poss. There's 2 problems with the car. 1 its a car and 2 its too new!! ;)
1979 GMC CrewCab  C20 1t
454 750 Holley,TH350, 14bolt diff fully floating
Why aren't there 8 days in a week!
A K5 rolling shell *new addition*

Offline eventhorizon66

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 08:23:21 PM »
There's 2 problems with the car. 1 its a car and 2 its too new!! ;)

But at least its a caddy, daddy-o.
'85 C10 SWB 350 700R4 TKO600